We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What are you watching?

The Queen

Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny: Awesome, nuff said.

28 Days/Weeks Later: Very well put together, really interesting film techniques and fantastic atmosphere, love them both.

Team America: No-one near as funny as I was led to believe, there were 2-3 bits which made me chuckle slightly but overall I actually found it pretty boring. Perhaps more funny when you're watching it with friends.

The Fly: Classic, well made, really good special effects for its time. Tense and slightly unnerving, very original too.

10,000BC: Predictable, a couple of good setpieces but overall surprisingly boring. Also really really historically inaccurate :p

The Expendables-has all the great action heroes(only wrinkly)lots of explosions and TERRY FREAKIN CREWS WITH AN AUTOMATIC SHOTGUN!!! most epic 30 seconds of an action movie ever. :thumbsup:

Apocolypse Now-an epic Vietnam movie that has some of my favorite lines ever

"CHARLIE DONT SURF MAN"

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning...Smells like victory" once again epic

Tropic Thunder-pretty funny movie

Pulp Fiction- Samuel L Jackson is amazing and its a work of art. love Quintin Terintino and this is his best work

• 1 month later...

Thread revival! *A COUPLE OF SPOLIERS BELOW

Lord of The Rings: Extended DVD edition

Possibly one of the best stories ever, the extended version is over 12 and a half hours and is a bit of a marathon (not a bad thing). A truly epic trilogy, plenty of satisfying action and emotive storytelling, don't really need to say much more than that. 10/10

The Matrix (one and two....3rd yet to watch)

The first one is an absolute classic, an amazing concept in itself, even forgetting about the awesome fight scenes and mind-boggling plot. 9/10

Reloaded is more of the same with more intense action, plenty of new settings and stuff so it's still a new experience to watch. 9/10

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

I've seen these before but I just recently got the boxset, watched the first one again so far:

A thoroughly entertaining adventure film, Johnny Depp plays a pretty amazing part in this one. Everyone's seen the film so I can't really be bothered to go into detail :p 8/10

Akira

Anime isn't really something I usually watch but this is one of those films you just have to see for yourself having seen it. Weird, confusing, slightly dark and at times intense, I found myself really enjoying it when I knew what was going on surprisingly. Also enough action to satisfy anyone who likes that kind of thing 8/10

Inglorious Basterds

I thought I'd enjoy this more than I did being kinda interested in WW2 history. Although there are some clever moments (the first scene for example) and even some funny bits, this film is overall quite bland, with way too much time devoted to bits of the plot which in my eyes were kinda pointless. The 'main' characters actually hardly feature at all which is a shame because they're very entertaining to watch. 5/10

Sherlock Holmes

Was recommended to me by the missus, Holmes and Watson are surprisingly kick-ass in this film but it's still very clever and intruiging. Hugely entertaining but still slightly dark. 9/10

Summer Wars *

Like I said earlier I'm not really an anime fan, I do believe this is just a fairly poor film though and I don't have anything against anime :p

Very predictable and mostly quite boring, alot of the dialogue just seems overly useless (mostly just people's conversations that contribute nothing to the story). Nothing really seems to happen for alot of the film and the plot means you end up not really caring whether the 'good guys' win or not because alot of the last bit of the film is set in a cyberworld type place so nothing really matters. 3/10

James Bond: Quantum of Solace *

Pretty disappointing being an old-school James Bond fan, the action is there but I just don't think Daniel Craig is a great actor. This is still a very entertaining film with a couple of good setpieces but it's just a bit 'safe' i.e: it's been done before in James Bond but bigger and better. It's just not crazy enough for it to be a proper James Bond film; the climax of the whole move takes place in a very boring hotel, which catches fire. When the film ended I was left thinking "...was that it?" 6/10

Valkerie *

At first I wasn't keen on Tom Cruise being in this but I think he plays a pretty good part here. Tense, intruiging and emotive, this is a great film. Don't expect a ton of action in this though, not that it matters at all. If you're interested in WW2 then you'll enjoy this more. Perhaps if you don't care for it then you won't enjoy this as much and might find it a tad boring. I really enjoyed it though, despite the depressing ending 8.5/10

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Why is this thread dying? Don't you watch movies anymore? I'll kick it back with some I watched recently.

Crank and Crank:High Voltage. Both awesome, Jason Statham rules!

The Bank Job, kind of a good movie actually.

Fast Five, just loved it to bits! <3

The Town, it is worth watching if you like criminal actions and Ben Affleck.

• 1 year later...
That's for the last half a year, I tend not to watch many movies. :/

I watched Ted, Iron Man 1 and 2, Thor and Captain America yesterday :p For anyone wondering what they're like, they're all good. Iron Man 1 and 2 are the best, but Thor and C.A are just as well made and a good intro film for each character. Didn't watch the Hulk as I cbf with it :p Next up, The Avengers.