We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What are you watching?

The Queen

I've not watched that many films in 2015 due to not being able to go to the Cinema much, so can I ask if anyone's seen the following films and if so, are they any good?

- Avengers 2, the first one was great but i've heard the second one was surprisingly dull, dull? a superhero ensemble cast blockbuster? A huge error on the behalf of the director if so.

- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, i've put off seeing this as I've heard it's pretty boring as a single film but will be great when combined with part 2, is it any good?

- Mad Max: Supposedly bonkers, it it any good?

I've not watched that many films in 2015 due to not being able to go to the Cinema much, so can I ask if anyone's seen the following films and if so, are they any good?

- Avengers 2, the first one was great but i've heard the second one was surprisingly dull, dull? a superhero ensemble cast blockbuster? A huge error on the behalf of the director if so.

- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, i've put off seeing this as I've heard it's pretty boring as a single film but will be great when combined with part 2, is it any good?

- Mad Max: Supposedly bonkers, it it any good?

Avengers 2: Amazing much better than the first one which I thought was good but could have been better, the second hit the balance between action and normal scenes, personally I thought that the second one was so much better than the first one.

Hunger games: Brilliant I loved it however it was bit long but a must watch.

Mad max: I haven't seen need to watch that after my exams.

Hunger games: Brilliant I loved it however it was bit long but a must watch.

Was the ending (no spoilers) not too much of a cliffhanger it's worth waiting until the next one is out though? That's why I've waited. I'm looking for a decent film to watch on Friday with a bottle of Prosecco and a pizza and I love the hunger games, but I haven't read the books so don't want to be left wanting the next film ASAP.

I loved Mockingjay Part 1, I watched it twice in the cinemas and once or twice at home as well, I am a bit biased though since I am a massive fan of the franchise and the books, and since I have read the book it wasn't really too much of a cliffhanger since I have an idea what happens next anyway. I am glad they didn't end it like 5 minutes earlier than they did though, I probably would have screamed if they ended it at that point haha.

Also on topic I have watched several movies on Netflix recently, I really enjoyed Push, 17 Again (actually really amusing), Fast Girl (sounds a bit silly, but is a good movie), The Tree, Let Me In, and Dreamer. I also watched the first season of Daredevil, really good show and can't wait for a second season.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here we go

Addams Family Values (1993)- God, If you haven't seen this movie, please stop whatever you are doing and watch it. It was by far one of the best movies of the 90s.

SPY (2015)- Probably one of my favorite movies. Melissa McCarthy tries to be a spy to take down a terrorist organisation in Europe. Enough said.

United 93 (2006) -This movie follows the story of United Airlines flight 93, the flight that never reached its target on September 11th, 2001.

Crash Landing (2005)- After watching this movie, I learned my lesson: Never buy movies from the dollar bin.

Get Hard (Unrated Version) (2014)-​ I have been scarred for life.

I've had a lot of time on my hands over the past few weeks so I've been binge watching... here goes:

Louie: Louis C.K. writes, directs and stars as a fictionalised version of himself, a divorced comedian with 2 kids, living in New York. It's absolutely hilarious, really clever comedy, and full of life lessons.

Side Effects: Not what I expected at all, in a really good way. If you enjoy a bit of a mind... scramble, movies like Gone Girl for example, then you'll enjoy this. It is very depressing though. :lol:

Inglorious Basterds: Set during WW2, a surprisingly funny yet gruesome film about a bunch of Americans who don't really like them Nazis. It's typical Tarantino, it reminds me a little bit of Pulp Fiction but without the headaches it gave me, and features a great performance by Brad Pitt.

Grace and Frankie: From the creator of Friends comes a lighthearted (ish), witty comedy featuring an all-star cast, such as Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Martin Sheen, and Sam Waterston. First episode didn't really catch my interest but it did in the following episodes. Pretty good series so far.

Orange Is The New Black: Season 3 just hit Netflix. If you've already watched season 1 and 2, you'll probably find this season strangely different. I can't quite put my finger on it, I guess there was just some strange character developments. However, it is definitely worth watching.

Equilibrium: I can't quite put into words how much I hated this movie, it's god awful. Christian Bale stars in a dystopian future world, governed by a totalitarian regime that has gained world peace by drugging all humans with a chemical that stops humans from feeling emotion. As a result, emotions are illegal. You can probably guess what is going to happen in this movie. Hmm.

/netflixrant

Just finished watching Terminator 2: Judgement Day and annoyed at myself for the thoughts that were coming to my head about how stupid certain things were, and how they should have done this instead of what they actually did.

Still love the film but now I have these moments of disbelief during it where I metaphorically facepalm.

Just finished watching Terminator 2: Judgement Day and annoyed at myself for the thoughts that were coming to my head about how stupid certain things were, and how they should have done this instead of what they actually did.

Still love the film but now I have these moments of disbelief during it where I metaphorically facepalm.

Something tells me you'll be :headbang:ing if you watch #5 :lol:

I watched it to. Forgot how much I like that film.

Was one of the facepalm bits where the truck jumps into the storm drain and quite clearly breaks the front suspension but then in the next clip it's magically fixed and can carry on driving? :lol:

Was one of the facepalm bits where the truck jumps into the storm drain and quite clearly breaks the front suspension but then in the next clip it's magically fixed and can carry on driving? :lol:
No, that one I can actually suspend my belief for. Key things are John being 10 in the film, like yeah that kid is NOT 10! The other is just the T-1000, and thinking how it works. It's made of some fancy metal yet can create all types of fibers and is also still a machine???? The ending section where it [spoil]freezes, explodes but then melts and joins up again to become whole[/spoil] just is too way out there for me.

• 3 weeks later...