We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What are you watching?

The Queen

• 1 month later...

Game of Thrones. Battle of the bar stewards.

Best episode of Game of Thrones by far. It more than made up for the slow season so far and you can tell this is where all of the budget went.

The Red Wedding? That was an epic episode and set the bar extremely high but this episode nailed it. Will he, won't he? He did? He didn't? He died? He's alive? I didn't have a clue what was going to happen which made it even better.

And dragons!

It might be a contender for the best episode of anything that I've ever watched. Nothing else immediately comes to mind that could be as good as this was.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Want some cream? :homer:

The older episodes are so good and have so much heart and proper stories. When they started going more into indulging celebs that's when it started to go down the crapper.

Also I recently learned that Hank Scorpio was the original idea for the villain in The Simpson Movie.

• 1 month later...

Doctor Strange, best Marvel film in a while. Though it's got to be said Benedict Cucumber can not do an American accent.

This incredible documentary hosted/narrated by Leonardo Di'Caprio: Before the Flood - Full Movie | National Geographic - YouTube

It hurt my soul. I feel terrified of the future of this planet and the corruption in the world.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

'Knowing' just another awful Nic Cage action movie. Nic gets huffy and moody, drinks hilariously large glasses of whiskey, and attempts to save the world. Good entertainment, bad movie. 'Arrival', damn son. Saw the trailer in the cinema last year and thought it looked alright, actually watched it and was blown away. It's not just another average, mainstream, sci-fi movie. It's the real deal. @CLR-GTR pretty sure this would up your street.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Started a new TV show, Chance. Hugh Laurie plays a doctor (sounds familiar) with a mysterious patient and a dark friend. Really thrilling. Reminds me of Gone Girl for some reason. Very good so far 7 episodes in.

Bill Nye Saves The World - yeah... not so much, Bill.

The Discovery, probably not everyone's kind of thing but if you're into sci-fi, multi-verse theory, or just generally depressing movies, you'll like it.

3 films to go until I've watched 300. :hmmm:

I've heard similar thoughts about Bill's show from other places too. Seems like I'll skip that :hmmm:

I've already probably been to the cinema more this year than the past few combined. Last week I went to see Fast 8 and Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2, loved both of them. On TV I've been hooked to the latest season of Doctor Who and I've also started watching the new season of Prison Break. Doctor Who is always great but I'm not sure about Prison Break yet, feels like it has a lot to live up to and it's not getting there, at least yet (only watched 1 episode of that so far).

• 3 weeks later...

I went the cinema to see that and had very low expectations going in as I didn't really have that big a connection to the original unlike most people I know, and I'd also heard some negative things about Emma Watson in it, but I came out really happy and I really enjoyed it. One of the best films I've seen recently I think.