We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How often do you use che ats in a game?

jamesbowers

Back in the days of the original PlayStation when video games were hard and the Internet had new and exciting websites like CheatCC.com,  I would carefully write down a series of X's, squares, triangles and circles on paper from the school library computer, then try them at home to see what new/secret parts of the game could be unlocked. 

While I did use them to cheat (i.e. unlock all cars in Need for Speed 2 SE, NFS 3, NFS  4), there were quite a few parts of the game that could only be unlocked via cheat codes.  For example, there was no way to drive in Traffic vehicles or dinosaur props in old NFS games without using cheat codes.   

Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit on PlayStation had a number of hidden tracks (YT: Need for Speed III - Hot pursuit : The Hidden Tracks !!! PS1 - with Commentary)

that could not be unlocked via gameplay, you had to use a cheat code.  They also were not present in the PC version of the game.

These days I don't really see much in the way of cheat codes.  There are trainers and memory hacks available, which are often laden with malware or risk punitive action to your online gaming account, so I don't bother.  I much prefer to complete a game myself (not that I have the time anymore).

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/28/2019 at 6:16 AM, Ryzza5 said:

Back in the days of the original PlayStation when video games were hard and the Internet had new and exciting websites like CheatCC.com,  I would carefully write down a series of X's, squares, triangles and circles on paper from the school library computer, then try them at home to see what new/secret parts of the game could be unlocked. 

While I did use them to cheat (i.e. unlock all cars in Need for Speed 2 SE, NFS 3, NFS  4), there were quite a few parts of the game that could only be unlocked via cheat codes.  For example, there was no way to drive in Traffic vehicles or dinosaur props in old NFS games without using cheat codes.   

Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit on PlayStation had a number of hidden tracks (YT: Need for Speed III - Hot pursuit : The Hidden Tracks !!! PS1 - with Commentary)

that could not be unlocked via gameplay, you had to use a cheat code.  They also were not present in the PC version of the game.

These days I don't really see much in the way of cheat codes.  There are trainers and memory hacks available, which are often laden with malware or risk punitive action to your online gaming account, so I don't bother.  I much prefer to complete a game myself (not that I have the time anymore).

Yeah, i remember those days. I used the cheats for GTA San Andreas. It's been 8/9 years i played that game on PS2 and i still remember some of the cheats. Then l left playing games bcoz of my studies. I started again playing games a year ago. Not using cheats this time. Completed Sekiro Shadows Die Twice (My ultimate achievement till now).

• 5 months later...

I always play the mod or cheated version of every game because these games provide me free items without taking any amount, that is why I prefer them all. In the previous years I have search a lot to get the website which provides authentic mod of games and apps. I suggest you before downloading the mod version from any app check its authenticity and credibility.  

Edited by haniaamir

• Ryzza5 locked this topic
  • Ryzza5 changed the title to How often do you use che ats in a game?