We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Colors - Guide

Milli

TDU Colors - Guide

This file has a preview of all usable TDU colors.  It's a great guide for those who want to add a new color for the vehicles directly in the database. 

The name of each preview image is actually the name of the color code in the database.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/15/2019
  • Category

• 10 months later...

I was wondering. Is there a way to REALLY add a color? I mean, all the colors seems to use colors that have a certain name/code: B_01, B_02, etc... For exemple, you've shown a color named Akoya Silver Metallic and it use bm_18.

But what if I want to add a color that isn't coded in yet, like let say I want to add Panther Pink/Moulin Rouge, and I don't find an equivalent in all the colors that exist and that you've shown in the palette, can I add that color to the palette using R,G,B value, or the hue, saturation and brightness values to the database?

I'm asking 'cuz I looked at that part of the Database with TDUF and I don't seems to see any values like this, only the "codes" that I refered to in in my first phrase.

4 hours ago, RsZ28 said:

I was wondering. Is there a way to REALLY add a color? I mean, all the colors seems to use colors that have a certain name/code: B_01, B_02, etc... For exemple, you've shown a color named Akoya Silver Metallic and it use bm_18.

But what if I want to add a color that isn't coded in yet, like let say I want to add Panther Pink/Moulin Rouge, and I don't find an equivalent in all the colors that exist and that you've shown in the palette, can I add that color to the palette using R,G,B value, or the hue, saturation and brightness values to the database?

I'm asking 'cuz I looked at that part of the Database with TDUF and I don't seems to see any values like this, only the "codes" that I refered to in in my first phrase.

Currently you can't add more colors other than these ones that already exist. Mostly because a color takes more than just a rgb scale. It has the finish, different shades and so on. That's why custom color shop can't replicate some colors with accuracy.  And as Djey said, the colors are in another file, such as Colors.2dm, which is a material file. 

So, at the moment, no Moulin Rouge. Sadly.