We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Why TDU2 Is Mega Overrated?

im thinking, why TDU2 is mega Overrated than the Predecessor, TDU 1?

TDU 1 Is a Great game but, TDU 2 is more, but, need more things, mods and a online mode, but have bad things, like the useless tuning, and the good thing, is the decals shop, but, cars are short and too much ferrari, maybe a TDU 2 Platinum can fix, anyway, why tdu2 is overrated?

i knoww TDU 1 have like a 800+ cars, but, TDU2 Need a Oportunity....

556267715_TestDrive22019-08-0801-19-16-20.thumb.png.b9ef00ee54ae370ff50f556d7247fc40.png
1718374798_TestDrive22019-08-0711-25-54-61.thumb.png.8a236a6371387716de8e6f3b9597b7ab.png

Edited by LonelyDarknesss

We all wanted TDU2 to be great, and it did add new areas to explore and other interesting features, but with a flawed foundation (weird vehicle physics and handling) it just wasn't possible to enjoy driving in the game (particularly with a steering wheel) as much as as TDU1.   TDU1 wasn't perfect either, but at least there was a sense of limited grip which allowed you to do burnouts or control slides to some extent (in hardcore mode).  Driving a car in TDU2 felt numb and boring in comparison.

You can play The Crew (2) as a good replacement for TDU2.   Nothing really has replaced the vibe of just cruising with friends on a tropical island that TDU1 gave us.  Forza Horizon never really captured that vibe either with so much focus on ultra-fast tuned cars that point+shoot between corners rather than enjoying the bends themselves.

Maybe the upcoming TDU3 will serve us well here.

Once again...

Tdu2 has nice graphics (for the time at least) a bunch of nice ideas and Ibiza, set of charming Mediterranean landscapes.

But not enough to make forget those awful handling and physics engine. 

As already said, game physics are not in moddable files, this is mostly source code, that only game developers have and can understand. Such people are making this for a living, and can't give time and copyrighted content to free time modders. Besides, I think most Eden game developers have switched to other projects, and most obviously, to better opportunities.

Instead of complaining, why one would not help remaining modders ?? Better spend time and energy for this...

I truly believe tdu2 modding is great already. Just this game lacked the opportunity to seduce me. That's life 😂

• 5 months later...

TDU2, overrated?

If anything, it's underrated, and this thread shows

I'm finally decided to play the first TDU and honestly, i don't see how its physics are better than TDU2's (If anything, they are worse, cars seem to lack any weight whatsoever, and the handling feels very mechanic. I'm enjoying the game because it's still a TDU game and it shows, but i'm having a hard time getting used to it), the game was also very criticised at launch and TDU hardcore fans proved to be an insufferable bunch in the official forums, if you ask me.

11 hours ago, Hermano_Nintendo said:

TDU2, overrated?

If anything, it's underrated, and this thread shows

I'm finally decided to play the first TDU and honestly, i don't see how its physics are better than TDU2's (If anything, they are worse, cars seem to lack any weight whatsoever, and the handling feels very mechanic. I'm enjoying the game because it's still a TDU game and it shows, but i'm having a hard time getting used to it), the game was also very criticised at launch and TDU hardcore fans proved to be an insufferable bunch in the official forums, if you ask me.

how is tdu2 underrated, when literally every youtuber makes videos about tdu2 concidering tdu1 has way more content

TDU2 seems harder to mod and hack than TDU1.
Specially because Eden Games (Actually Atari is to Blame) has encrypted all base files for modding.

And we need to look a bit around, but the modding community for TDU1 and 2 is not the same anymore, since many mods has been stolen, great mod creators retired, among other things..

And TDU1 and 2 DOES NOT have a modding community like GTA, post-2002 NFS and BeamNG has, which has script mods, vehicle mods, effects, ect almost every week.

TDU2 is cool, has a fancier world, has a better SP campaign (PS2/PSP TDU1 has the best SP Campaign in a racing game ever IMHO), but TDU1 is more customizable and less painful to edit assets, make mods, ect...

Also, I DOUBT someone has the guts to reverse engineer the code and stuff, specially because if they do, MOST LIKELY they'll be lawsuited by BOTH Atari (since they still own the assets and resources for TDU1 and 2) and BigBen Games (since they CURRENTLY own the IP).

And honestly, i wouldn't put hopes with more cars since no one posted a tutorial for add car slots to TDU2, and besides that, the dealership and customization system is much more different than in TDU1.

TDU2 has an multiplayer mode, but Atari has shut down.

Edited by Mr. Nothing

TDU1's physics certainly are not amazing, especially if playing today after enjoying new games like Gran Turismo, Forza, Project CARS or Assetto Corsa.  At its peak though (around 2009) a lot of our forum members were playing TDU1 in Hardcore mode with our shiny new Logitech G25 steering wheels (SOOAG25, anyone?  🙂)

While the Hardcore mode included the weird Moon Gravity (which at least allowed us entry into some restricted areas such as the airports), it felt pretty good in terms of dumping the clutch in a supercar and doing long burnouts, or in forcing us to slow down more for corners to try to nail some sweet drifts which were challenging but so much more rewarding than 'Brake 2 Drift' in Need for Speed.   Sadly none of that carried over to TDU2, which was a real shame because at times the new dev team seemed interested in trying to give us wheel users a better experience.

But if someone had only ever played both games with a gamepad then they might find both games physics a bit wonky for different reasons and prefer TDU2 simply for the extra roads and features, which is perfectly reasonable.

• 1 month later...

I want to give my humble opinion, and I think both games had their good and bad things.

I think that the ease of being able to modify the TDU1 was the reason that the Modifiers insisted more on making MODS for it, and left TDU2 a little forgotten.
This can be seen in the rendering quality that was done for the vehicles added in TDU1 that are more stylized than in TDU2.

I also understand that TDU2 only allows having a database of less than 230 vehicles (including traffic vehicles) against the more than 800 that TDU1 allows, however there is a Japanese version that modified the last Autopack 1.85 and added 16 more vehicles than They still had space to enter the Database and they rearranged these within the Concessionaires. Which implies that it can still be personalized.

Even so today we have Modders friends like StarGT and Ramon1991cobra that continue to release vehicles and MODS, even Ramon1991cobra plans to release a MOD for changing seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter), which shows that there is still potential to continue doing MODS .

Personally, I have played the 2 games since they were released and I have played them with Steering Wheel Control and I can say that it is easier to play TDU2 and TDU1 it is too difficult to carry that it is almost impossible for me to escape from the police and they burn me more money from what I earn. For which in particular I prefer more TDU2. I suppose that TDU2 opted for the Arcade control that for the simulation that TDU1 tried to do

I am infinitely grateful to all the people who have made these MODS a revival of something that was already dead. And for this reason I invite anyone who has knowledge to also join to continue making this a wonderful dream.
Many people do not have a computer equipment to be able to run a Forza Horizon 4 in realistic detail, but we do have to be able to run these games at the highest quality and enjoy them.
I invite the Modders to put a little effort into TDU2 and for my part I am trying to isolate the new cars from the Japanese version to be able to make a complement Autopack to share with you.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...