We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 3 On the rails !

ozcan

27 minutes ago, Jonesy666 said:

They could just make it so the fuel gauge pauses for races I guess, or have it as a realism option for those who want it.

but when the game is focused on racing to begin with where is the point to have fuel then when its constantly turned off?

Yes for cruising, but for the majority of people who will play TDU it's not something they'll do. A fraction of people actually "cruises" in forza for instance

That's true, Forza is a very fine game. And the map itself is quite refined and detailed. But it is too small for cruising, we did try with a friend but it became boring real quick. On the other hand The Crew - game supposedly created by the guys previously working in Eden - game that has absolutely uninspiring driving model and a big map. But at the same time this map seems kinda bland. Not all that refined, giving some vibes of the USA but lacks at quality. Nevertheless I did spend quite a lot of time in both the Horizon series and TC and had lots of fun. Just none of them gives me all that much fun when cruising.

And this I believe is the biggest challenge for them. Creating a game with satisfactory driving model, with map large enough to not be boring after a couple of drives while also quite detailed. Honestly my hopes are really low after TDU2 and TC, but afterall Kylotonns WRC series is getting better and better each instalment, even when the post release support is somewhat lacking. I'm rooting for them but not expectiong miracles :D

Yes! Turn signals, open/close roof animation on the fly and cars with sun roof too! It would be a first in a racing game to be able to open/close the sun roof (at least never saw a title featuring that) and TDU was all about the immersive details that improve the gameplay quite a bit because TDU is a lifestyle driven game and those details will matter to me. Thing is, TDU 2 would be succesful if wasn't for it's ridiculous driving physics and that's no secret. But for TDU 3, adding up more details like those will hugely improve immersion  and definitely would separate things from the competition offering it's own world of content and details that would appeal not only for the cruisers, but for people to spent time chilling in a game that is pleasent to be in aswell even if you are the most hardcore gamer that only wants to race and drive fast, because there are times that you want to socialize online with other people, talking about cars and stuff. That's when the social stuff from TDU 2 would be nice to have a come back like the first person view at dealerships or the houses with house customization to really have the feel of an RPG racing game. That means would be nice to see a come back to character customization with clothes to buy aswell.
Fuel consumption is something that some people like, some people don't, so I wouldn't mind if that would be optional that you can turn on and off in the options menu. I personally would love to have it if the world we are given doesn't lack gas stations. Would be nice to even have charging places for the eletric cars if there will be any in the game. Fuel consumption doesn't even need to be realistic that we would end up out of fuel all the time, but it definately could be an addon to things for us to do in the game like the car washers that TDU 1 had but was removed from the game.

I would be happy if they would re-relase TDU physics combined with TDU2 features (club races, weather, day-night cycle etc.). But I really hope they would stick to stock cars and not go into the crew direction.

My hopes are not high though.

On 5/4/2020 at 5:18 PM, TDUZoqqer said:

I remember the artwork (I think for TDU2?), the very very very early concept art where the black Murcielago transforms into a buggy. I can't find those anymore, but this was a massive "please don't" on my side 😄 glad they didnt bring in any of this yadda yadda into TDU2. Maybe it was an early artwork for the Crew though. Made by the same devs at least

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Concept Trasforming Car.jpg

Edited by The Jackal

9 minutes ago, The Jackal said:

You mean this transforming Lamborghini? Hell yeah. Lamborghini never even made it into TDU2 hahaha

yes, this exactly. I belive this was more of a concept by Ivory Tower (Ex-Eden) which was brought into The Crew later.

1 hour ago, The Jackal said:

If it's not open world it's not TDU. It would be a different game entirely

Exactly, but the title rumour only says "Test Drive: Solar Crown", so the abbrevation won't be TDU, but TDSC. But Solar Crown was a thing in TDU2 only so don't know. Hope I'm totally wrong about this 🙂

1 minute ago, TDUZoqqer said:

I have never heard anyone saying it will be called test drive solar crown except this one out of context post some comments ago to be honest

The recent news is Nacon (TDU3 publisher) recently registered a website with the name "testdrivesolarcrown."

Some ppl are jumping to conclusions assuming thats the official name of the game when in fact many game sites use an abbreviated name for their domain. "testdriveunlimited3solarcrown" would just be dumb.

6 minutes ago, TDUZoqqer said:

but why not testdriveunlimited3? 🤷‍♂️🤔

I think it would be more likely at this point to assume "solarcrown" is for theming the site rather than the official name of TDU3. That is, it could be a pretend version of the "Solar Crown" tv show's website.

I like a half decent story in a racing game more than most it would seem, but the TDU2 one was pretty hard to stomach, or maybe it was just the acting.  TDU1 proved that a story isn't really required at all.  The solarcrown domain is a concern, but it could simply just play host to platform leaderboards of some description.

As for missing vehicles in TDU2, given the financial situation the most likely answer is that they couldn't afford the licencing costs to use the vehicles they had already built.  It happens in many games.  Sometimes the launch game sales enabled them to spend more on the licences later to release as DLC.  Other times the assets are shelved for the next game.  Eden Games didn't have much opportunity to do either.

I'm wondering how big Big Ben's budget is, concidering that allegedly just shy of 100 cars will be featured. Which brands will it include? Certainly not Porsche since they're massively expensive but will we see Ferrari? They ain't cheap either. Since WRC doesn't feature luxury brands it's still a concern

1 hour ago, TDUZoqqer said:

Certainly not Porsche since they're massively expensive but will we see Ferrari? They ain't cheap either. Since WRC doesn't feature luxury brands it's still a concern

WRC 8 features the Porsche 911 GT3

As long as we don't end up with TDU2's "we have 100 cars in game, but about 25% of them are special editions of cars in game, and another 7% are the more extreme model of cars we have". Y'all know what cars im talking about. 😉 

A good balance would be nice, which I think TDU pulled off.  Current crop of Hyper and Super cars, mixed with the current crop of sports. Dab in saloons, and a nice layover of classics from exotic to muscle. Oh, and a few oddballs and concepts! 

• Ryzza5 locked this topic