We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 3 On the rails !

ozcan

I hope Alain Jarniou had enough time since the release of TDU2 to come to understand why TDU2 ended up the way it did. He was involved in the production of both TDU1 and TDU2, and since he joined Kylotonn, he was the director of all the WRC games since WRC 6, and also the TT Isle of Man games. I played TT Isle of Man 2 and I really love the game. If you give the Free roam mode a try, it really manages to give some TDU vibes. The driving physics are extremely fun, in fact the driving physics aspect is what I worry about the least when it comes to the next Test Drive game. I would like to avoid getting hyped about a game which may turn out awesome or mediocre, but in the case of Test Drive Unlimited I can't resist. It's been so ridiculously long since the last game that I'm now more eager than ever to finally see the official announcement.

Edited by volcano

19 minutes ago, calster17 said:

As long as we don't end up with TDU2's "we have 100 cars in game, but about 25% of them are special editions of cars in game, and another 7% are the more extreme model of cars we have". Y'all know what cars im talking about. 😉

whats wrong with that, i think it still created a variety overall

what most people mean by that is "where are mah jdm? no superkarzzz they boring lulz". I think TDU2 had a great variety of cars. Don't forget that TDU was mostly about exotics to begin with. (since its a lifestyle simulator unofficially, TDU1 had a majority of exotics too)

Edited by TDUZoqqer

3 hours ago, The Jackal said:

Would be cool if someone in the modding community who knows a guy, who, knows a guy, could weasel their way into unreleased data and just post it so people can at least enjoy all those sick cars and bikes. All the rest like the offroad motorbike race modes would be too complicated to put back into the game.

I'm pretty sure that would be illegal for them to do, concidering they completely certainly signed an NDA for the development. However, who knows when the contract runs out.

I'd love to get in touch with the devs too, however I don't belive the devs ever even remotely showed any interest in the community, let alone modders.

According to the latest "leaks" not only is the next TDU's official name confirmed to be "Test Drive: Solar Crown", but its reveal is (currently) scheduled for May 31 and the locations are Southern France and Eastern Brazil! Obviously, take all of this with a grain of salt, since none of it is officially confirmed by KT and/or Nacon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agH4Dd25eok

12 minutes ago, LamboV10 said:

According to the latest "leaks" not only is the next TDU's official name confirmed to be "Test Drive: Solar Crown", but its reveal is (currently) scheduled for May 31 and the locations are Southern France and Eastern Brazil! Obviously, take all of this with a grain of salt, since none of it is officially confirmed by KT and/or Nacon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agH4Dd25eok

Let's wait and see what happens.

On 5/17/2020 at 4:54 AM, LamboV10 said:

While we're waiting for some more TDU3 news to pop out, let's enjoy this fake TDU3 screenshot i've made

tdu3_beach.jpg

Can you make one of those hell over-the-top ones with cars and girls really poorly cropped in? "TUD3 conformed :))"

31 minutes ago, The Jackal said:

Imagine if games were made properly

What has this to do with anything, almost are games with relevance were reverse engineered. My point is when this will be for TDU3. If they'd use a popular well documented engine like Unreal it would be instantaneous, whilest an in-house engine needs to be done from scratch most of the time

Just now, 3M1YA said:

It would be nice if they released modding tools, seeing how modding is a big part of what many ppl buy games for and many companies are supporting modding more and more.

this won't happen I'm afraid, since they're under an AAA publisher, they won't "open source" their software. All the modding-friendly games are independent afaik, eg. cities: skylines, car mechanic simulator, automation etc

1 hour ago, TDUZoqqer said:

this won't happen I'm afraid, since they're under an AAA publisher, they won't "open source" their software. All the modding-friendly games are independent afaik, eg. cities: skylines, car mechanic simulator, automation etc

Yeah, but I don't think Kylotonn made AAA games. Their games is AA quality at best, imo.

2 minutes ago, TDU Iceman said:

These days publishers try to kill modding as much as they can. They want that sweet microtransaction money, and they like to hand out crumbs like skins to pad their updates.

whilest I agree with this statement, is Bigben known for that? If yes, modding is very unlikely for TDU3 then, indeed.

• Ryzza5 locked this topic