We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

LOOKING FOR MODDERS

badeco

On 12/23/2019 at 12:19 PM, TDUZoqqer said:

since OP asked for custom mods for him, it wouldnt make sense for both him and the creator to share it, when the creator is being paid.

Why not ? I personally share the mods i paid for, as i did with R8 from StarGt, it wouldnt make sense to keep the mod private, whats the gain in that when the whole community can benefit? and we can have a lot of mods, i dont see any problems with that, it all comes to the decision of the buyer but after all, sharing is caring !

In sharing paid mods I see the following positive/negative points:

Not sharing

• No benefit for the community
  • Nobody knows about, what is out there
  • Makes only sense for the modder, if there would be some others, requesting and paying for the same mod. I guess, with such an old game here, there won't be other people requesting the same mod again.

Sharing

• Benefit for the community
  • Donator may feel philantrophic
  • The better and more the offer is, the more people could request further mods

So nowadays not sharing makes no sense at all in my opinion.
It becomes a significant grey zone, if the mods aren't made from scratch, rather stolen respectively reengineered from other games.
At least I am against paying for mods for good reasons.
If there would be paid mods only, less people can spend money, less people would use and so less people would play the game or leave faster.
The result would be, that games would die much faster. I believe that's nobodys aim.

So every modder is free to do what he/she wants for sure.

Edited by MagicV8

If I would be the one requesting a mod and paying for it, I wouldn't want to the mod to be shared. I mean I paid for it, so I want the exclusivity. If my exclusive requested (and purchased) mod would be shared, I'd feel kinda betrayed since what would be the reason for me to pay for it to begin with, if others can get it for free. The whole point of paying for a mod is to get an exclusive mod.

If I'd be the modder of a paid mod, I wouldn't share it either, because I could make more money to put the mod for sale later on again. For significant less, but I'd still have a valid reason to sell it, as I can claim it to be an "exclusive mod", and make some more dimes on it.

(I generally don't make paid mods, however)

Unless you're the generous person who pays for the community, which is not particularly imaginable for someone to care about the community by someone who has 2 posts in total on the main community forums.

I get where you guys are coming from, however.

Edited by TDUZoqqer

I believe that we can make a page as players of the game and collect money for specific mods for the community all toghether. Let me explain:

F.E

If we make an account of pre paid card and everyone add a euro for the car he wants to be made and everytime he adds a euro he ays for what car then once f.e 10$ are collected for the same car then we could send as community the 10$ for the mod...

With that way i believe that mods that the most ppl want will be made and modders will be motivated but we must everyone compromise. 

10$ are enough for a mod - modders compromise

you have to wait for money to be collected for the car you want so you can buy with as less money as you can - p(l)ayers compromise

With all these community wins!

3 hours ago, Gch96 said:

I believe that we can make a page as players of the game and collect money for specific mods for the community all toghether. Let me explain:

F.E

If we make an account of pre paid card and everyone add a euro for the car he wants to be made and everytime he adds a euro he ays for what car then once f.e 10$ are collected for the same car then we could send as community the 10$ for the mod...

With that way i believe that mods that the most ppl want will be made and modders will be motivated but we must everyone compromise. 

you have to wait for money to be collected for the car you want so you can buy with as less money as you can - p(l)ayers compromise

I agree with all you say.

4 hours ago, Gch96 said:

F.E

You pretty much described a modder's Patreon..

• 1 month later...