We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TurboDuck Modding update

Eudemon

The content is subject to change, see here for the latest info.

This update is focused on our core modding community, with another big update coming soon... stay tuned!

Download section enhancement

The goal here is to have a simplified layout that's organized and easy to access, instead of digging through multiple sections to find and/or post content.

* Forum categories now have been restructured to match file categories.
Topic creation has been disabled on all mod post forums. Instead, please submit your file through our download section.
You can choose to upload files to our server or submit a link.
image.png

* All topics that were moved now have tags referring to their previous sub-forum (i.e. interior, sound, physics).
We recommend you make use of the tagging system, which helps others discover your content.
image.png

* File Categories are restructured and the page will now show all sub-category files.

* Comments on files are removed; we recommend using the auto-generated forum thread for support.

* Old generated support topics will be merged with the original thread started by the author.

* Each support topic now has a button to the download page, featuring a new template.

* Each support topic's content won't get overwritten on file version updates.  The author now auto-subscribes to it based on his/her control panel setting. Tags are still synchronised.
image.png

Wiki enhancement:

+ Added new guide / how-to wiki (open for all members to edit with stored revisions).

+ New listing and display style for News.
image.png

General improvements:

* Consolidated and added icons for menu items.
image.png

* General style update.

* Members will now be able to free up space by removing files directly from the attachment page.

* More sidebars are being added across the entire site, which display relevant info and enable quick access.

Also, in case you don't know yet, Test Drive Unlimited Platinum has a big update coming soon. Subscribe to its topic here.

VintayTime... (We are bringing more collaboration between the two sites in the future).

- Remove website option on commenting.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, VRSDESIGN said:

F why when I add a link to download a file it doesn’t work and when I click the download button there is nothing? Wolzwagen taureg example for tdu2

if you're talking about old forum posts, and author who submit link to external sites, we have no control over that

23 hours ago, Eudemon said:

if you're talking about old forum posts, and author who submit link to external sites, we have no control over that

No, I meant how to add a download link in the new form for adding materials. I did everything, but the link to an external site cannot work through a button for me, here is an example 

opera_2020-07-17_15-56-05.png

Therefore, I had to leave a link in the description for downloading

On 7/17/2020 at 8:19 PM, Eudemon said:

click file action -> upload new version -> put your link here

20200717131908.png

I put it here, but the link did not work ...(((

opera_2020-07-19_12-57-31.png

If you can record a video how to do it, I can hardly understand from the photo. If you can send this to my email or post. Since I have a lot of issues, but how to place them with you in a new way, I cannot figure out, it used to be easier to add.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:12 PM, Eudemon said:

i was able to add it no problem, and it seems like it worked for you

what was the error you're getting?

did you fill out the other information too?

20200717131908.png

And you can throw off the link to the template, maybe I choose the wrong place somewhere) Because as you show I don't have this (

14 hours ago, VRSDESIGN said:

And you can throw off the link to the template, maybe I choose the wrong place somewhere) Because as you show I don't have this (

aye, went to record a video of how to submit, found out there is bug with that create duplicate entry and another one being empty

it's not your fault, I and the mod team are aware of the bug, it's just wrong one being approved

it will be fixed on next update, please just re-submit the file, thank you for following up

btw i assigned you modder group

On 7/28/2020 at 4:18 AM, Eudemon said:

aye, went to record a video of how to submit, found out there is bug with that create duplicate entry and another one being empty

it's not your fault, I and the mod team are aware of the bug, it's just wrong one being approved

it will be fixed on next update, please just re-submit the file, thank you for following up

btw i assigned you modder group

I’ll wait well, otherwise the cars have accumulated for release, but I didn’t understand how to place it) Thank you)

• 1 month later...