We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown

Milli

On 7/26/2020 at 5:09 AM, DanMcRea said:

I'm sorry but I think I'm missing something. Who are those guys?

relates to Atari , previous TDU  versions and a Community Manager they had that has a bad record with games and communities.

we'll leave it at that.

Edited by sfy2004

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 6:28 AM, -=[(ELVIS)]=- said:

Bringing Hawaii back is like comparing crew 1 and crew 2.
That was, in my opinion, the biggest mistake Ivory Tower made back then.
I hope KT Racing doesn't make the same mistake and brings us back a game that reminds us of a "TDU" after a very long time.

I think it was cool.
No jokes.

I think if TDU3 feature ALL the islands (not only Oahu) and make an more vivid and detailed map, then it won't be a problem.

On 7/12/2020 at 5:44 PM, calster17 said:

Okinawa would actually be pretty sweet. Size wise, it's smaller than O'ahu but bigger than Ibiza. It would also bring a good mix of urban and nature. It's truly an amazing peace of paradise. Kyushu would be great also, but it's a damm big island! 

Sadly though I don't think it would work with the whole TDU vibe myself as it doesn't have the pull or amour that Hawaii or Ibiza has. In the same way if I'm thinking of good driving roads, nice scenery, vibrant city life and 'The Highlife'...the French Riviera comes to mind rather than The Highlands of Scotland. 

For now All we can do is guess. I mean who'd to say it's even going to be an island? 

TDU:SC Director said that it's an island and it's tropicalistic.
So?

I think Okinawa and Kyushu would work with the TDU Vibe. They are real richlands with tropicalistic flora, mainly composed by elite-class people.
Maybe French Riviera is an great place for TDU:SC. Specially if you consider that it's being developed in France. Altough they don't seem tropicalistic. 
And i think there are some islands in England that could work too. Altough they also don't seem tropicalistic.

On 7/13/2020 at 3:53 AM, Ryzza5 said:

(edit, The Jackal's first post/rant above mine appears to have been removed, so my reply makes less sense now)

USA is overdone imo (NFS are well overdue to feature somewhere different) but I don't think Europe is overdone.  I guess most players just want to go somewhere they can't visit IRL (which right now is just about everywhere beyond the local shops for us in Melbourne, haha).

I'm pretty sure the majority of locations that could be selected have speed limits and slow drivers.  But I haven't visited too much of WA besides Kalgoorlie and Karatha.  

Try using paragraphs next time - they're much easier to read than that wall of text  😄 

Europe is overdone indeed.
Altough i gotta admit, i want The Crew 3 in Europe. From Portugal to Russia preferably.

But doesn't Australia have small and mid-sized islands that are their territory?
IMO Australia deserves more attention in games in general.

Well, the only things i want in TDU3 are:
*An serious handling and gameplay.
*Real Cops, that pursue you when you're over 150KM/h.
*And perhaps an "Hot Pursuit" gamemode, for when you want to race outside SC.

Edited by Mr. Nothing

• 2 weeks later...

Took you long enough! (cheeky).  Welcome back, Tim.  🙂

image.thumb.png.a27cb072246ff7120b980706cc1e4f67.png

Confirms a 5 year development plan, and may give clues as to a potential release window next year, assuming no delays.  5 years is also plenty long enough to expect a brand new location to cruise about.

https://www.cnc.fr/jeu-video/actualites/kylotonn-linnovation-au-service-des-jeux-de-sports-mecaniques_1292670