We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ramon1991cobra

TDU2 Hawaii Summer Mod

TDU2 Four Seasons Mod - Hawaii Summer

- Black texture on the horizon fully fixed.

- Realistic river color and shadows under bridges.

- Map with more resolution at very far distances.

- Optional textures and sounds.

- Willow tree texture made by Adm-RAL.

- ''Aloha'' Gas Station Textures made by Magic V8.

Changes will be made when changing island (Airport) or restarting the game.

IMPORTANT - Be sure to make a backup copy of the original game files.

• 6 months later...
49 minutes ago, Ramon1991cobra said:

Here is the fix for the distant ground/asphalt textures. The black line may continue to be seen in some areas but very much smaller. Also a fix for a floating plant in some houses.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/q7bh6e7ur8iymji/Hawai_Texture_Fix.rar/file

you can upload a new version on download page, or you can append additional link / file for download

• 3 months later...
On 5/15/2021 at 12:51 PM, su1c1de_b0i said:

Your mod is great! But I need help. My problem is shadows, they don't lay on grass. Not very big problem, but atmosphere in forests are dead. This problem have hawaii and ibiza.
image.thumb.png.59973e079932720ac5a47bd79f0cccb1.png

Go to that folder, open the grasstypes.xml file with the notepad

Test Drive Unlimited 2\Euro\Bnk\islands\hawai\fx grasstypes.xml

Look for the part that says (NoShadow = "0"), if there is a 1 change it to a 0, change all to 0 so that they have shadow again.

Sin título.jpg

13 hours ago, Ramon1991cobra said:

Look for the part that says (NoShadow = "0"), if there is a 1 change it to a 0, change all to 0 so that they have shadow again.

Sin título.jpg

Thanks for your answer. But the problem still remains, even when I change these parameters. Btw there were already all the values on "0".

grasstypes.xml

13 hours ago, Ramon1991cobra said:

Sin título.jpg

I'm understand why shadows don't lay on grass. It's because I have Nvidia 20th series and this cards have problem in TDU 2. Main problem it's DirectX. When I launch the game in first time and try to open map it's freeze. For long time I found solution and replace file d3d...dll (I forgot which directx file was there originally) on other file which is called d3d9.dll but it's 32 bit. And now game don't freeze but don't wont draw shadows on grass because it's 32 bit. On other version this file (64 bit) shadows lay on grass, but if open map game again freeze. Thanks for your answer again. These question solved. Maybe you know how may avoid this limit of memory?

Edited by su1c1de_b0i

On 5/16/2021 at 1:16 PM, su1c1de_b0i said:

Thanks for your answer. But the problem still remains, even when I change these parameters. Btw there were already all the values on "0".

grasstypes.xml 3.98 kB · 0 downloads

I'm understand why shadows don't lay on grass. It's because I have Nvidia 20th series and this cards have problem in TDU 2. Main problem it's DirectX. When I launch the game in first time and try to open map it's freeze. For long time I found solution and replace file d3d...dll (I forgot which directx file was there originally) on other file which is called d3d9.dll but it's 32 bit. And now game don't freeze but don't wont draw shadows on grass because it's 32 bit. On other version this file (64 bit) shadows lay on grass, but if open map game again freeze. Thanks for your answer again. These question solved. Maybe you know how may avoid this limit of memory?

can anyone help me i been getting this issue with tdu2 ive tried everyhting 8gb ram gtx 660 i5-3570k 3.40ghz windows 10 Dx12 https://vk.com/video585000639_456239025

On 7/12/2020 at 7:37 PM, Ramon1991cobra said:

hi guys i really need help something is wrong im having trouble with tdu2 https://vk.com/video585000639_456239025

i5-3570k 3.40Ghz 8 Gb ram gtx 660 windows 10 Dx12 im getting freezes i updated the drivers so many times tried everything nothing

worked i would really be greatful for help

• 1 month later...