We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tutorials on how to setup TDU 1 multiplayer on various operating systems (W7,W10,Linux)

vit-jano

Test Drive Unlimited 1 (TDU1) tutorials for Windows 7 & Windows 10 + online multiplayer

The tutorial on how i installed the Test Drive Unlimited 1 (TDU1) online gaming on Windows 7 64bit and it WORKED

I have stock DVD, but there are also .iso etc. images that can be mounted using Alcohol 52 software.

- I have installed SDIO and updated all drivers, especialy graphic adapter (which should support Windows 7 64bit and DirectX 9 in order to install drivers and run TDU).

- Installed Net Framework 4 (unsure if necessary) and restarted computer.

- Installed game launched OK. So i quit it and continue:

- After adding Paradise launcher .exe and d3d9.dll into game directory (per the instructions in tdu_client.zip), game not started, nothing appeared but process was running so i had to kill it via Windows Task manager.

- I launched "TDU_PC_Patch_166A - Test Drive Unlimited Patch 1.66A.exe". Then game (launched via "TDU - Project Paradise Launcher.exe") saying: "A required security module cannot be activated. This program cannot be executed (5024). Please have a look at ... securom ...".

- That error is related to some protection in regards to CD/DVD rom so i coppied the cracked .exe to my game directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited). Crack is from the Hatred crack team, archive: htd-tdu6.zip (VirusTotal clean, unmodified, see alternative DLs) and launched "TDU - Project Paradise Launcher.exe" and it launched immediately (i selected Big bnk during launch).

- I created new offline profile and i am driving successfuly. Now how to use my already built profile from the past times. I quit the game. Go to C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\Test Drive Unlimited, rename savegame to savegame_ and paste savegame with my own old profile. Note that there are savegames to DL on the net possibly, but you can also start a new profile from the game.

- I can now use my offline profile, but when i switch to online one, it seems to connect the server and when i click to Continue game, the game stop working and i can only close the program:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: TestDriveUnlimited.exe

Application Version: 1.1.66.1

Application Timestamp: 468e36be

Fault Module Name: TestDriveUnlimited.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.1.66.1

Fault Module Timestamp: 468e36be

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000030b9

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: e8d1

Additional Information 2: e8d12bc3e466e5faf4a65ce822b1b3d3

Additional Information 3: 39fd

Additional Information 4: 39fd4700f3fe1865282b529ccf3b2201

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

- i have found that my savegame (C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\Test Drive Unlimited) was possibly somehow badly modified by my previous attempts to make the game working, so i renamed the savegame folder and copied over my fresh savegame backup, that did it and all working.

- - -

TDU1 Project paradise group on FB: TDU Project Paradise Group

===========================================

It can be tricky to run Test Drive Unlimited 1 on the Windows 10 OS because TDU1 DVD is claimed to use SecuROM v7 kind of protection.

And Windows 10 do not support SecuROM if i am correct.

As my laptop do not have DVD ROM, i tried many CD grabbers/image creators to create image that i will mount as virtual DVD ROM and play the game. But no luck, it always failed thanks to SecuROM.

Workarounds:

a) install lower version of the Windows (Maybe W8) and run TDU on lower version of the Windows

b) apply the no CD cr*ack into the TDU directory (mentioned below on how to do it)

c) do not play TDU1

Play TDU1 on Windows 10:

1) Install game thru physical DVD or .iso image mounted as virtual DVD ROM & install mega pack, serials (mirror).

2) Install Test Drive Unlimited Patch 1.66A (see alternative DLs)

3) apply no-CD crack that is made for v. 1.66A: (see alternative DLs)

replacing original TDU1 .exe file located in Program Files / Atari / Test Drive Unlimited

4) copy your TDU1 online profile folder into C:\Users\YOURUSERAMEHERE\Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\savegame\YOYURNICKNAME

In the savegame folder have to be also file ProfileList.dat . If you don't have profile, you will create new in game.

5) download Project Paradise Mod (if you want to play online multiplayer): http://forum.turboduck.net/threads/29561-test-drive-unlimited-project-paradise-v003a-public-beta-available

6) launch "TDU - Project Paradise Launcher" exe file, because stock exe file will fail to connect new TDU1 multiplayer server/s!

7) select your existing online profile in the game (if not have one, create new). Confirm that the nickname is valid. Tick the tickbox of GameSpy. Do NOT touch/modify your email and password. And execute. Profile should be loaded and you be on the Hawai along with other players all around the world ).

--------

Facebook group: TDU Project Paradise Group

===================================================

it may work on Linux too: How to run Test Drive Unlimited 1 (TDU1) on Linux

• 8 months later...

I would like to update my first post with another step to do. This step:

if game works and you have some backup space, maybe quit the game and backup whole C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited and then apply the Platinum pack over mentioned directory:

download 1 or download 2 . The downloaded files should have some kind of readme/installation text file so follow it. Subscribe to the discussion topic under link "download 1" and ask there if you have any issue.

issues:

- connecting to testdrive server - unable to connect - try to delete TDU from Windows firewall and any other firewall. If that does not help, try to add it again among allowed firewall apps, try temporarily disabling firewall.