We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU World :: March 2020 Update!

Aquarious

• 2 weeks later...

Currently, how can one obtain a legal copy of the game for PC? It was once on Steam but is no longer on steam. My laptop does not have a disc drive so I cannot get a physical copy. I have a non-legal copy (though I have purchased this game twice on 360 so I am morally justified lol), and I understand that the launcher may not support my copy. First result is an "instant" download from some random site for 40+ dollars.

It's really unfortunate that some of these off-beat games really are a pain to come by legally. Not even off beat games, the classic NFS games tend to be impossible to get legal downloads for. EA could still make some bank with them.

I'm almost surprised to see TDU still has a somewhat active community. I can tell from the feel of TDU2 that it probably isn't the easiest game to reverse engineer; kudos to everyone involved. TDU is such an underrated series and really, REALLY had amazing potential. No game has satiated my desire for a new TDU game, something about the whole flavor of this game is unique.

Currently, how can one obtain a legal copy of the game for PC? It was once on Steam but is no longer on steam. My laptop does not have a disc drive so I cannot get a physical copy. I have a non-legal copy (though I have purchased this game twice on 360 so I am morally justified lol), and I understand that the launcher may not support my copy. First result is an "instant" download from some random site for 40+ dollars.

It's really unfortunate that some of these off-beat games really are a pain to come by legally. Not even off beat games, the classic NFS games tend to be impossible to get legal downloads for. EA could still make some bank with them.

I'm almost surprised to see TDU still has a somewhat active community. I can tell from the feel of TDU2 that it probably isn't the easiest game to reverse engineer; kudos to everyone involved. TDU is such an underrated series and really, REALLY had amazing potential. No game has satiated my desire for a new TDU game, something about the whole flavor of this game is unique.

Steam keys can still be bought on third party sites. As far as I know, that is the only place to get them as a digital copy right now.

Well I just hope that even if we had a cracked copy we could still enjoy the online. Not necessarily with support from you of course, but just like project paradise did for tdu 1. I would be grateful if we could go online with either copies

kinda agree i bought it on xbox back then and dont want to pay 70€ again for a new PC copy

On 5/25/2020 at 4:27 PM, Minime891 said:

If/when TDU2 comes online again I will have to make a new mod to celebrate.?

Only if you want of course 😉 I'm currently learning TDU2 modding myself but I'm having some issues. Are your tutorials still available somewhere?

On 5/10/2020 at 9:11 AM, MyRide said:

Using D9VK which is a Direct3D9 to Vulkan layer fixes the issue. Running the game with 5700 XT the game would not start in DX9 mode you have to use this compatibility layer.

https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases

You just copy the corresponding .dll file in this case d3d9.dll in the main folder from the x32 folder (because the game is 32-bit) and the game will run in Vulkan. There is no notification or anything that it uses Vulkan but it started working as soon after I pasted the .dll before it just crashed. So yes it works.

And the good thing is it gives even better peformance than native DX9.

Hello there, dear mate.

As a notorious computer nerd, I didn't understand in what folder what files have to be put, I'm afraid, and so the same for that setup_dxvk.sh. Would you kindly be more detailed in your explaination, please? And I need some 'step-by-step' procedure, I think.

And deeply sorry for noticing it, but the link in your post is invalid.

Thanks in advance, with best regards.

Edited by JagHond

On 5/10/2020 at 9:11 AM, MyRide said:

Using D9VK which is a Direct3D9 to Vulkan layer fixes the issue. Running the game with 5700 XT the game would not start in DX9 mode you have to use this compatibility layer.

https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases

You just copy the corresponding .dll file in this case d3d9.dll in the main folder from the x32 folder (because the game is 32-bit) and the game will run in Vulkan. There is no notification or anything that it uses Vulkan but it started working as soon after I pasted the .dll before it just crashed. So yes it works.

And the good thing is it gives even better peformance than native DX9.

Hi,

For me, the dll file ruins the performance. Low framerate and microstutters are all over the place. Do you have any recommendations for that? I am playing on a laptop if it makes any difference.

Hi, tur.

The answer might be 'yes' and 'not' a the same time, I think.

All the results might depend from the kind of CPU, RAM, HDD and model of video card you're using, you know... on my own, I have an Intel i9-9900K@ 3.60 GHz with 32 GB of RAM, a nVidia RTX 2080Ti and a Samsung 1Tb SSD system, so it's hard to have a stuttering game, I think.

Hoping I was of some help.

With best regards.

Edited by JagHond

On 8/4/2020 at 9:29 PM, tur595 said:

Hi,

For me, the dll file ruins the performance. Low framerate and microstutters are all over the place. Do you have any recommendations for that? I am playing on a laptop if it makes any difference.

Hi, try setting your laptop in High Performance mode. That might be it.

• 2 weeks later...
    On 7/14/2020 at 1:32 PM, ///Λquarious said:

Steam keys are still available on Amazon for 20$: Amazon.com: Test Drive Unlimited 2 [Online Game Code]: Video Games

hi i went on and purchased the game from third party store after following this thread https://www.gamingdragons.com/en/game/buy-test-drive-unlimited-2-download.html  but its not a digital key for steam.. they only offer the download game files from their site along with the product code to launch the game..what should i do is it a scam? ..will you only allow players through steam platform?

Capture tdu2.PNG

6 hours ago, red666 said:

hi i went on and purchased the game from third party store after following this thread https://www.gamingdragons.com/en/game/buy-test-drive-unlimited-2-download.html  but its not a digital key for steam.. they only offer the download game files from their site along with the product code to launch the game..what should i do is it a scam? ..will you only allow players through steam platform?

Capture tdu2.PNG

It is not a scam, they are probably selling an original Atari key, meant to be activated on the TDU2 website, which does not exist anymore. Only buy a Steam version of the game, that one still works!

EDIT: It might actually still work, since you need to enter a product key on first launching th game. You just don't have an official place to download the game anymore.

5 hours ago, ///Λquarious said:

It is not a scam, they are probably selling an original Atari key, meant to be activated on the TDU2 website, which does not exist anymore. Only buy a Steam version of the game, that one still works!

EDIT: It might actually still work, since you need to enter a product key on first launching th game. You just don't have an official place to download the game anymore.

thanks for your reply so if i am understanding it can only be done through steam these legit atari keys are useless in order to join your servers...will ask for a refund

Edited by red666

4 hours ago, red666 said:

thanks for your reply so if i am understanding it can only be done through steam these legit atari keys are useless in order to join your servers...will ask for a refund

No, not useless to join our server. But there is no official way to obtain the game, so I would recommend going with a Steam key.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...