We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How do I play TDU Platinum online?

ItsJustAnotherExcuse

Hello all, 🙂

I'm new here and this is my first post here.

When creating an account you have the option to go online when you create a GameSpy account (which is long dead, I know).

Anyway, I tried to give it a shot and put in some emailadress and password but when the game wants to contact the servers it can't make contact.

Now I would like to know if you can play online multiplayer with TDU Platinum and how I should do it and wheter it is even worth it regarding the playerbase (if it's more than 1 besides me I'm okay with it 😄).

I have a legit copy of TDU by the way if it matters.

Hey man, thanks!
Good to know you can still play online. 😄

I'm online now. 🙂

My mistake was I replaced the d3d9.dll with my own generated by SweetFX.
But that brings me to my next problem. The reason I wanted to use SweetFX is because the game for some reason is way too dark. I thought it was just a bad case of ENB abuse but I remember having this issue as wel with the vanilla game but not this worse. The problem is that the shadows are way too dark or just too much contrast, I don't know. I haven't checked the FX boxes in the launcher by the way, I also haven't checked HDR in the video options. Setting the brightness higher works in fullscreen mode but not in windowed mode, but even turned high things still look off.

I know with SweetFX I can largely mend this issue, as I had similar problems in Just Cause 2, but this mod doesn't allow me to use it.

6 hours ago, Milli said:

TDU Reshade mod works in windowed mode. And it works with online aswell. Take a look at it.

Thank you, I'm so happy! 🤩

It took me a while to figure out how Reshade works but I got it running and I can see everything now.
I noticed that in windowed mode a lot of stuff dissapeared like my avatar and cars in the showrooms, also my gpu ran 10 degrees hotter. Not a biggy, I'll be just running in fullscreen mode.

Uhm,

I'm sorry to ask but I've still have a few problems.

The first is that there seems to be no sky in my game. At first I didn't notice it immediately but the skybox is always completely cyan colored and never changes.

The other is that framerate is not very smooth, actually I think I should get better performance out of this game but during races I get heavy framerate dips or stutters.

My hardware is:
Windows 10 Pro x64

Intel i7 4770K
16GB DDR4

AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB

TestDriveUnlimited_2020_09_11_21_04_22_060.jpg

Edited by ItsJustAnotherExcuse

Okay I found the cause of both issues or at least solutions.

To get normal sky I replaced the Platinum mod FX folder with the vanilla one.

The bad framerates were caused because I used the improved draw distance mod, I now just use vanilla draw distance and don't see much of a difference if I'm honest.

Edited by ItsJustAnotherExcuse

• 9 months later...
15 hours ago, Estevaoportela said:

Other players' cars turn red on the map and I can't find anyone.

Hey! This is a Old game. Even the players are showing on the map and how good connection you have it dosen't matter. the game needs to connect with the server

you can drive until the game connects this may take 5 or 7 minutes to connect. In my Opinion
==================================================================

Thanks! 

• 8 months later...
On 9/6/2020 at 8:27 PM, ItsJustAnotherExcuse said:

Hello all, 🙂

When creating an account you have the option to go online when you create a GameSpy account (which is long dead, I know).

Anyway, I tried to give it a shot and put in some emailadress and password but when the game wants to contact the servers it can't make contact.

Now I would like to know if you can play online multiplayer with TDU Platinum and how I should do it and wheter it is even worth it regarding the playerbase (if it's more than 1 besides me I'm okay with it 😄).

bro how can you play online i dont have a gamespy account

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, RebinOnCharged said:

hello i was wondering how you could play the game online, i don't have a game spy account and was not able to understand the FAQ that included questions about the multiplayer, if anyone can help i appreciate it.

You do not need a Gamespy account (the service no longer exists), but you will create a fake one in-game when setting up your profile.  If it fails to connect, try again while using any public VPN.

• 1 year later...
On 9/6/2020 at 7:57 AM, ItsJustAnotherExcuse said:

Hello all, 🙂

I have a similar question about online. might be a noob question but how come i cant see any multiplayer races? or clubs or drive-in's.