We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Orthophoto for TDU2 - Hawaii

Ramon1991cobra

Orthophoto for TDU2 - Hawaii

Orthophotos for Hawaii

-Satellite images of ''Hawaii-Photoreal'' freeware version (for X-Plane11).

-''Hawaii-Photoreal'' Official site:
https://hawaii-photoreal.com/Downloads-X-Plane11
https://www.facebook.com/hawaii.photoreal/

Make sure to backup your files.

• 7 months later...

AlessandroC29,

Lighting in games is controlled by shaders and weather settings.
Most likely, no one knows how to set up shaders in this game, so we forget about them. I'll come back to this a little later ...

But you can experiment with the weather ... I have not yet seen ready-made weather mods for this game. Even though it was originally broken by Eden ... In general, it is strange that no one has done this for so many years. I'll deal with it later, but I don't promise anything yet. The main problem in working with the weather of the game is that it is not yet clear to me what is responsible for its dynamics, i.e. for the algorithm for changing weather cycles. I saw the cycle configs themselves, but "how they change" is not yet available.
I have a lot of experience with weather, but in a different game. I myself collected the weather for the game STALKER, here it is (Seven daily weather cycles. Part of the light in the video is lost, because it was not captured by the writing in the video.) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq9qd8SB9d5-EZwVYHyTzxVnDkFJpdC8L ... Well, and a high-quality video with my weather working in one of the mods for STALKER -

Spoiler

Back to the shaders ...
There are currently several graphical add-ons that complement the game's native shaders and can work with just about any game. I mean - SweetFX, ReShade, ENB. There are only differences in versions depending on the render - DX9, DX11...
These additions are like spacers between the picture leaving the game and the video card. Those. the resulting picture on the monitor consists of = game + addition.
Not so long ago, I posted a configurator for the game here, which included two such add-ons to choose from - SweetFX 2.0 and ReShade 4.3.0.

Here is the link - https://turboduck.net/files/file/383-tdu2-game-configurator/

There is initially one of my presets for each of the add-ons, but it is best to try to customize them yourself and figure out all the settings. In general, read the readme! I found an old video about setting ReShade, it may come in handy.

Spoiler

Also, maybe this will solve your question about anti-aliasing from another topic! 😉
However, I now recommend using hardware video card technology in order to improve the picture and anti-aliasing! I have NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB and there is an option in the drivers called DSR. In the game itself, anti-aliasing is turned off, but I play at 3840x2160. The video card renders the picture in 4K resolution, and then hardware compresses it to 1920x1080 resolution of my 40 "TV. At the output I see a very soft and smoothed picture! ATI also has an analogue of this technology, only I do not remember what it is called ... 😞 By the way, such anti-aliasing also works more efficiently than conventional anti-aliasing!;)
Here, I will give a videos from the game ... The resolution in the game was 4K, but I recorded video only in 2K, tk. I forgot to change the settings of the writer ... 🙂 However, thanks to the VP-9 codec, even in 2K recoded by YouTube, you can see a good picture.

Spoiler

I apologize if offtopic.

Translation from Russian - Google translator.

Edited by Adm-RAL

5 hours ago, Adm-RAL said:

AlessandroC29,

Lighting in games is controlled by shaders and weather settings.
Most likely, no one knows how to set up shaders in this game, so we forget about them. I'll come back to this a little later ...

But you can experiment with the weather ... I have not yet seen ready-made weather mods for this game. Even though it was originally broken by Eden ... In general, it is strange that no one has done this for so many years. I'll deal with it later, but I don't promise anything yet. The main problem in working with the weather of the game is that it is not yet clear to me what is responsible for its dynamics, i.e. for the algorithm for changing weather cycles. I saw the cycle configs themselves, but "how they change" is not yet available.
I have a lot of experience with weather, but in a different game. I myself collected the weather for the game STALKER, here it is (Seven daily weather cycles. Part of the light in the video is lost, because it was not captured by the writing in the video.) - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq9qd8SB9d5-EZwVYHyTzxVnDkFJpdC8L ... Well, and a high-quality video with my weather working in one of the mods for STALKER -

Hide contents

Back to the shaders ...
There are currently several graphical add-ons that complement the game's native shaders and can work with just about any game. I mean - SweetFX, ReShade, ENB. There are only differences in versions depending on the render - DX9, DX11...
These additions are like spacers between the picture leaving the game and the video card. Those. the resulting picture on the monitor consists of = game + addition.
Not so long ago, I posted a configurator for the game here, which included two such add-ons to choose from - SweetFX 2.0 and ReShade 4.3.0.

Here is the link - https://turboduck.net/files/file/383-tdu2-game-configurator/

There is initially one of my presets for each of the add-ons, but it is best to try to customize them yourself and figure out all the settings. In general, read the readme! I found an old video about setting ReShade, it may come in handy.

Reveal hidden contents

Also, maybe this will solve your question about anti-aliasing from another topic! 😉
However, I now recommend using hardware video card technology in order to improve the picture and anti-aliasing! I have NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB and there is an option in the drivers called DSR. In the game itself, anti-aliasing is turned off, but I play at 3840x2160. The video card renders the picture in 4K resolution, and then hardware compresses it to 1920x1080 resolution of my 40 "TV. At the output I see a very soft and smoothed picture! ATI also has an analogue of this technology, only I do not remember what it is called ... 😞 By the way, such anti-aliasing also works more efficiently than conventional anti-aliasing!;)
Here, I will give a videos from the game ... The resolution in the game was 4K, but I recorded video only in 2K, tk. I forgot to change the settings of the writer ... 🙂 However, thanks to the VP-9 codec, even in 2K recoded by YouTube, you can see a good picture.

Hide contents

I apologize if offtopic.

Translation from Russian - Google translator.

ok thanks i´m gonna check Reshade