We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Game Configurator

This configurator allows you to change and configure the game settings that are in the game files and are not available in the menu.
The configurator and the accompanying programs are suitable for the latest official build of the TDU2 game, as well as any amateur build on this version of the game.

In addition to the ability to configure base game files, the configurator contains some additions to the game, such as:
- Camera Hack - allows you to adjust the position of the camera in the game online.
- SweetFX 2.0 - customizer for some aspects of the game graphics.
- ReShade 4.3.0 - a more powerful (and resource-intensive) customizer for some aspects of the game's graphics.
- 4Gb Patch - Allows the game to use more RAM.
- CPU Control - allows the game to run on all or only selected processor cores.

Read more in the readme in the configurator archive!

Configurator installation:
1. Unpack the archive and put the "! TDU2-RS Game Configurator" folder in the root folder of the game.
2. Readme MANDATORY! All the configurator's features are described there. So far, readme is only in Russian. If there is anyone who wants to translate the readme into English, then I will only gladly accept your help!
3. Later, I will create a topic in which I will show everything in the video tutorials.

Google translator

46 minutes ago, ZoM said:

So just wanting to know but does this configurator go into the original root directory or the unpacked TDU2 folder cause I have both.

Packaged or unpacked game - it doesn't matter! Game files that are changed / replaced by the configurator are always located in the root folder of the game. For the configurator to work, its folder must be located in the root folder of the game.

I will show several videos about the work of the new control physics settings, which are presented in the configurator ...

This is how I rode keyboard physics (and at the same time a little sideways 🙂😞

Of course, keyboard physics will never allow you to feel the real sensations of driving, but now it is closer to reality. And yes, you have to get used to it for a while, but if you get used to it, you can start having fun! 🙂
As far as steering a 900-degree rudder is concerned, it is now just pure bliss, in my opinion. I'll show you later. And it seems to me (despite the opinions of many) that the game perfectly conveys the feeling of driving! I have quite a lot of experience in both auto and motorcycle driving and I can say that everything in the game is very similar to reality!

Speaking of motorcycle bikes ... Here's a video about my new bike physics, after just half an hour of practice ... 🙂 (You can also see HD traffic from StarGT in the video. I hope this won't be a problem ...) The graphics are still old in the video. Tomorrow I'll upload my new TDU2 graphics mod to the site. 

For comparison - 

Edited by Adm-RAL

@Aquarious

I'm not sure I understood the question correctly.
If we are talking about the fact that in the original TDU2 cars turn too sharply, then I will answer like this:
- I tried my best to make keyboard physics as smooth as possible! However, this smoothness exists both when the rudder is turned and when the rudder is returned to zero. That's exactly what you have to get used to, as I wrote in the description of keyboard physics.
- with the steering (900 degrees steering wheel) physics, everything is now perfect in my opinion. The steering is very smooth and at the same time can be sharp if you turn the steering wheel abruptly. Unfortunately, I cannot film how I turn the steering wheel and how the car behaves at this moment. The player will have to install this physics, adjust the controllability in the game menu (as shown in the screenshots in the configurator), and then understand for himself whether the controllability is normal or not.
- I didn't do much physics with the steering (180 degrees steering wheel), because this is a very bad steering wheel. However, I tried to bring driving with such a steering wheel closer to driving with a steering wheel of 900 degrees. There, now, too, the car should not be thrown into a turn, when the steering wheel is turned 5 degrees. 🙂

In addition, one must also take into account that I am not playing pure TDU2. In my mod, all the cars are reconfigured so that they go according to their parameters. Also, the suspension, aerodynamics, power parameters, handling, etc. have been reconfigured ... However, these are fine settings that only make each car unique, but do not globally affect handling.

I am afraid that I will not be able to convey all these feelings of riding on my physics in words. You have to try everything! If you have any suggestions, then I will try to help or explain how any parameters from the physics file or from the machine settings in the VPE work.

Edited by Adm-RAL

Just now, Adm-RAL said:

What are you playing the game on? Steering wheel or keyboard?

Logitech G29 with H-Shifter.

I've always felt that TDU2 has an issue where cars loose their grip in the front quite quickly, leading to a lot of understeer when you don't expect it.

I'm currently running the CTR Physics Mod. It improves a bunch of parts to make the general feel better, but it also introduces new issues. Hopefully your physics will help with that. I'll try both the 900 degree versions you made.

1 minute ago, Aquarious said:

Logitech G29 with H-Shifter.

Excellent. I just have Logitech Driving Force. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Aquarious said:

I've always felt that TDU2 has an issue where cars loose their grip in the front quite quickly, leading to a lot of understeer when you don't expect it.

It does not depend on physics, but on the settings of the machine.
For the sake of interest, I can throw you my config of some of the standard machines from the game in order to understand what I'm talking about. Probably better to choose some fast car ... Which one?

4 minutes ago, Aquarious said:

I'm currently running the CTR Physics Mod.

I picked up a few ideas from this physics (or rather from the physics of Veno), but I have everything reconfigured in my own way. 🙂
And in general, in working with physics configs, testing the results is more important than understanding the parameters of an unpacked physics file. 🙂

5 minutes ago, Adm-RAL said:

It does not depend on physics, but on the settings of the machine.
For the sake of interest, I can throw you my config of some of the standard machines from the game in order to understand what I'm talking about. Probably better to choose some fast car ... Which one?

Sure, I'm up to test that. RUF Rturbo maybe? I've been driving that car a lot lately for a mod. It doesn't matter much to me, all cars I've driven have the issue, so any car would do. 🙂

23 hours ago, Aquarious said:

RUF Rturbo maybe? I've been driving that car a lot lately for a mod.

How are the experiments going?

I also just bought it myself in my game ...
And I rode a little ...

I took the machine config from here - https://www.supercars.net/blog/2001-ruf-911-rturbo/

40 minutes ago, flipywap said:

i also actually finally got it working by just telling windows protection to ignore it

Correctly. So it should be with them!
The best virus protection is a smart gasket between the monitor and the chair!
As well as the most important part in a car - the gasket between the steering wheel and the seat! Although, this is not so often the case ...

Edited by Adm-RAL

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...