We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Wiper Sound Mod

I know TDU2 does not feature functional wipers. It would be cool to at least have wiper sound when it is raining. I don't have modding experience, but I think this can be accomplished by simply adding wiper sound to the existing rain file.

I actually tried it myself. Replace the file under the same name in Euro>Bnk>islands>[hawai or ibiza, depending on which island you want]>sound>ambience

The sound is kind of low when using exterior cam; you can barely hear it when engine sound gets in the way. It's even worse in interior cam. I have amplified the sound to the max in the editing software, but the sound is still too low. If you want to hear it while using interior cam, you can lower your car windows to hear the sound a little bit better. Open windows in the rain? I know, right? Also, TDU2 seems to only have one rain sound, and the game adjusts the rain volume based on how heavy the rain is; in other words, you will hear the wiper sound better in heavy rain than in light rain.

If anyone knows how to make the sound even louder, please let me know.

Wiper sound source: PS4 Project Cars 2 Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4 wiper sound (I don't know if the same sound is also used for other cars in the game) sped up and amplified

rain_mid.wav

Edited by 2296183

• 2296183 changed the title to Wiper Sound Mod