We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 - Car Mods not working, not showing up in car dealers

Tadpole

Hi.

While browsing around randomly, I saw that TDU2 had its own car pack mods much like TDU1 has its own (Platinum). I always thought TDU2 was a cool game with fascinating mechanics, but its car list was always really bland to me. I decided I'd try it out since I wanted to drive around Ibiza and Hawaii with my favourite cars (<cough> F50 <cough>). Unfortunately, because it seems I'm cursed with software and other electronics, it's not working. I used the unpacker, unpacked the game to a secondary directory, placed the unpacked Euro folder in the original directory, ran the Unofficial Patch's installer, installed the Auto Pack afterward, and ran it through the Universal Launcher, but it's as if the game just straight-up isn't loading the mods anymore. None of the new cars apppear in the dealers, be they from UP or AutoPack.

I already asked for help in the discord server and in their respective threads, but I've noticed a lot of people have had the same issues as me and they've always been completely ignored when posting there. So I'm hoping that a thread like this could get the attention of someone who does know how to fix it, as well as possibly being a megathread for this bug in specific that people can later on find during google searches and discover a possible solution to this should they run into the same problem.

Hi,

you said you've put Euro folder back to initial directory after unpack. But I assume the BIG files are still there ? That would explain why the game does not take unpacked files into account.

Unpacker creates a dedicated TDU2 install with all required files copied automatically from the original folder. I always ran TDU2 from the unpacked folder afterwards. Just keep the original directory as a backup (you may zip it).

Edited by Djey

8 hours ago, Djey said:

Hi,

you said you've put Euro folder back to initial directory after unpack. But I assume the BIG files are still there ? That would explain why the game does not take unpacked files into account.

Unpacker creates a dedicated TDU2 install with all required files copied automatically from the original folder. I always ran TDU2 from the unpacked folder afterwards. Just keep the original directory as a backup (you may zip it).

Oh my gosh, that solved it! I feel dumb now ^^;

Thanks for helping out! I noticed it unpacked even the game executable and various other files, but I had no idea it created an entire new install of the game, I always thought it had to be fused with the original installation.

• 2 years later...

hey i know its 2 years later but i need help lol i downloaded autopack 2.1 remake and some other mods and i dont even know if its working becuase i watch alex 5s video and when he installed it there were mad cars in every dealership but i have i think the regualar cars so if anybody could help me then praise god baby

and also if u could help im scared to try installing the unnfoicial patch becuase everytime i do my force feedback stops working for wheel

Edited by wolferscreen

Hi 🙂

If you take some autopack don't mess it with other car mods. Db_data is the file that rules which cars must place in the dealership. Choose one - single car mods with original db_data file or autopack with its own, not the both. I'm using single car mods, because don't need all these cars, i have 32 single Mercedes cars 🙂 and made my own db_data file with the cars in the dealerships and everything is working fine.

Good luck 😉

Edited by SilverBENZ

On 9/11/2023 at 7:44 AM, wolferscreen said:

hey i know its 2 years later but i need help lol i downloaded autopack 2.1 remake and some other mods and i dont even know if its working becuase i watch alex 5s video and when he installed it there were mad cars in every dealership but i have i think the regualar cars so if anybody could help me then praise god baby

and also if u could help im scared to try installing the unnfoicial patch becuase everytime i do my force feedback stops working for wheel

look at my post, you might find help there 🤔😎

I'm looking at it now, it's something new, I don't know it

You can't find the solution in Alex's video or read through the posts

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

You mentioned that you moved the Euro folder back to the initial directory after unpacking. However, I presume the BIG files are still present? This could be the reason the game is not recognizing the unpacked files.

The unpacker creates a separate TDU2 installation with all the necessary files automatically copied from the original folder. I always ran TDU2 from the unpacked folder afterward. It's advisable to keep the original directory as a backup (you may zip it).

Edited by nestcozy

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey there! It's frustrating when mods don't work as expected, especially when you're excited to enhance your gaming experience. Have you tried reaching out to the modding community directly or exploring forums where users might have encountered similar issues? Sometimes, specific troubleshooting steps or patches can help resolve compatibility issues. Good luck!

Sometimes a clean reinstall of the mods can help. Completely remove any existing unpacked folders and UP/Auto Pack installations. Then, redownload and follow the installation instructions carefully. There might be compatibility issues between the UP version, Auto Pack version, and your ssegold game version. Check the forums and documentation for known compatibility issues and ensure you're using the correct versions for your specific TDU2 installation.

Edited by jannickz

On 2/26/2021 at 6:04 AM, Tadpole said:

Hi.

While browsing around randomly, I saw that TDU2 had its own car pack mods much like TDU1 has its own (Platinum). I always thought TDU2 was a cool game with fascinating mechanics, but its car list was always really bland to me. I decided I'd try it out since I wanted to drive around Ibiza and Hawaii with my favourite cars (<cough> F50 <cough>). Unfortunately, because it seems I'm cursed with software and other electronics, it's not working. I used the unpacker, unpacked the game to a secondary directory, placed the unpacked Euro folder in the original directory, ran the Unofficial Patch's installer, installed the Auto Pack afterward, and ran it through the Universal Launcher, but it's as if the game just straight-up isn't loading the mods anymore. None of the new cars apppear in the dealers, be they from UP or AutoPack.

I already asked for help in the discord server and in their respective threads, but I've noticed a lot of people have had the same issues as me and they've always been completely ignored when posting there. So I'm hoping that a thread like this could get the attention of someone who does know how to fix it, as well as possibly being a megathread for this bug in specific that people can later on find during google searches sportzfytvapk and discover a possible solution to this should they run into the same problem.

1. Ensure Compatibility: Make sure that the car mods you're trying to use are compatible with your version of TDU2. Sometimes, mods designed for different game versions or platforms may not work correctly.

2. Proper Installation: Ensure that you've installed the car mods correctly according to the instructions provided by the mod creators. This may involve copying files to the correct directories within the TDU2 installation folder.

3. Check Mod Dependencies: Some car mods may require additional files or dependencies to work properly. Double-check the mod documentation or readme files to see if there are any specific requirements or dependencies that need to be installed.

13 minutes ago, felixharri said:
  1. Ensure Compatibility: Make sure that the car mods you're trying to use are compatible with your version of TDU2. Sometimes, mods designed for different game versions or platforms may not work correctly.

2. Proper Installation: Ensure that you've installed the car mods correctly according to the instructions provided by the mod creators. This may involve copying files to the correct directories within the TDU2 installation folder.

3. Check Mod Dependencies: Some car mods may require additional files or dependencies to work properly. Double-check the mod documentation or readme files to see if there are any specific requirements or dependencies that need to be installed.

See what he wrote:

"I used the unpacker, unpacked the game to a secondary directory, placed the unpacked Euro folder in the original directory..."

This is the mistake that ruin the game 😉

@nestcozy said it well up there.

Edited by SilverBENZ