We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 unable to get in the game | Steam version | Packed version works, unpacked doesn't.

Pr1nceHapi

Hey everyone.

I have enjoyed TDUW since the public release earlier this year. I first tried the unpacked method, that didn't work at all. Then I applied the TDUW file on the packed/untouched one via my Steam version.
That worked perfectly.

Last weekend I had to reinstall Windows 10 due to a failed update (a forced update messed up my whole Windows).

So today I decided to try to get the unpacked version to work.

First off, I followed the installation tutorial word by word on TurboDuck, making sure I didn't do anything wrong. Also, my computer is fully up to date with all necessary drivers 'n all. Attached is my DXDIAG file.
I come to the point that the UpLauncher upon starting, tells me there is no installation. It gives me the option to search for the installation file. Looking at several topics and the information on Discord, I started TDU2 via Steam. This opens the TDUW launcher. When I click it, it does not start and it gives me this error.

unknown.png

Then, when I go to my unpacked TDU2 folder, the UpLauncher is there with the TDUW icon.
When I click the UpLauncher, the launcher opens. Then, when I click PLAY, it closes the launcher and starts up the game.

Now, it shows me the first images with the famous TDU2 loading swirl, but when the video intro should start, the game crashes.
I've tried it with the compatibility mode on, I've tried to run it as Administrator, doesn't work for me.
I also read somewhere that if you get the message above, you just keep that open and start another sequence of the UpLauncher. That works, but then again right before the video intro of TDU2, the game crashes. No crash report, no error message, it just closes the game (which in my old days we called it a CTD, crash to desktop).

I'm lost in what to do next.  Any help would be appreciated.

With regards,
Pr1nceHapi / RamteamJax

PS: What could be an issue, which I had in the glory days of TDU2, is that I have two monitors. The thing is, I cannot turn one off, because I use my desktop for both my work and my home studio.

EDIT: Small summary of my PC:
Core i7 4771 stock
16GB DDR3 HyperX Fury Red
RX480 4GB videocard
There is nothing wrong with my computer, as I'm able to run Cyberpunk 2077 at an affordable FPS and no other game that I play (BF4, BF1, FarCry 5, New Dawn, FarCry 6 Beta) has any issues.

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Pr1nceHapi