We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Bikes without wheels

KiiT

Hey, i'd like to know if someone had this issue before or is it just with me.
Downloaded original game from steam, put the online mod recently announced, unpacked the game, then put on the unofficial patch 0.4
A long story short, when i go to any bike even on dealer, or at my garage, then i try to "ride" them, it goes like a phantom bike, keep stuck on its own, the wheels just disappear, keeps revving like mental.
I'd like some help.. i can provide few screenshots, even a short clip if needed, just need help to solve this issue...(i never saw anything like that)

Any update on this? I just recently installed TDU2 from Steam, plus TDU World and UP 0.4 and when I try to ride a bike the entire front steering assembly (forks, wheel, handlebars, etc) spins wildly or doesn't exist at all. When this happens the bike can drive forward and back, but does not steer. Alternatively just the wheels disappear and the bikes gets stuck in the ground with the engine revving to the stratosphere. The only other mod I have is a tweak to the frim values to pay out more, but I reverted that and the issue still persists. Considering the unofficial patch hasn't been updated in years my best guess is some sort of compatibility issue with the latest version of TDU World. Has anyone found a workaround for this issue?

I am having the exact same problem; did a install from steam, then did the unpack and patches etc.

Entire front disappears, revving, can't steer. I do not have the FRIM-mod.

23 hours ago, blondude96 said:

Any update on this? I just recently installed TDU2 from Steam, plus TDU World and UP 0.4 and when I try to ride a bike the entire front steering assembly (forks, wheel, handlebars, etc) spins wildly or doesn't exist at all. When this happens the bike can drive forward and back, but does not steer. Alternatively just the wheels disappear and the bikes gets stuck in the ground with the engine revving to the stratosphere. The only other mod I have is a tweak to the frim values to pay out more, but I reverted that and the issue still persists. Considering the unofficial patch hasn't been updated in years my best guess is some sort of compatibility issue with the latest version of TDU World. Has anyone found a workaround for this issue?

UPDATE: So I was messing around with some mods and installed the C.T.R. Physics mod just to test it out. After installing it I decided to try the bikes and for whatever reason they now work normally (albeit with modified physics). The only thing that mod changes is the Physics.cpr file, however comparing the Physics.cpr that I was using after installing TDU World and the original file in my backup (original, unmodified) shows they are identical. For some reason UP 0.4 and TDU World together cause an issue with the game reading the vanilla Physics.cpr, but somewhere in the C.T.R. Physics modified file there's a change that allows the game to read the file correctly. I haven't been able to find exactly what's causing the issue, but a temporary fix is to use the C.T.R. Physics mod until someone smarter than me can come up with a more permanent fix.