We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[PC] TDU Central Club

S71NG3R

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added a note about lucky jims for some that needed to know do they add to your tally of cruises.

Basically a lucky jim is only rewarded with 20pts you have to sign up to the cruise to add them to your tally.

If you miss a cruise or are later than 15mins after the start of the cruise you will miss out on adding them to your tally.

The lucky jim will always be posted here in the forums in the event thread if they are available. Hanging around the area taking up a slot will not get you a lucky jim slot. If you join the session then you must leave the area asap. If TDU2 keeps you in the session then fly to the other Island. The club has to be strict about this as you are taking up someone's slot that are trying to join.

For this reason anyone not out of the session after a warning from the event organiser will be banned from the club without warning.

Please understand the importance of this as you would not like not being able to join a event you signed up to.

Wow. Calm down! We do have lives outside TDU... News on the next cruise will be posted soon.

And as I said in my post on Thursday's event - that was quick :) Hi Iced :) well you know I'm a bit unemployed now - few weeks ago I passed state exam and got a bachelor degree.. ehm got - not exactly - I'll get it at degree ceremony 23th March... anyway I am going to interview tomo.. oh it is actually today lol so then if everything will go smoothly, I'll be also a busy man and then won't bother you that much :rolleyes:... just kidding mate, but OK I'll try to be more patient :D Shift 2 and Crysis 2 keep it certain if my will fails :lol:

Hello sir. I just had a question that has been bugging me. First of all, I do not have TDU2 but I am still getting it very soon, and second, if I did have TDU2 how could I join the club, and be part of the community. Most people's posts are really tempting me to join, but I just do not how. Is there by any chance you could help me out?

Just post in this thread saying that you want to join the club. Then you can start joining the cruises that Stinger organizes. ;) To join the club house you need to have at least 100 "points" that you acquire through being active and joining cruises. Check the first posts for more info.

Can you guys please organize some more events, this way i will reach 100points in may or something :(:(

I WANT TO JOIN THE FREAKIN INGAME CLUB!

Calm down.

People have lifes you know, not just TDU all day.

There will be more events soon enough.

@ride.

There are only three other people apart from Stinger who can organise official TDUC cruises (myself included). However, with Uni commitments and not having much spare time, I can only manage one evening a week, so therefore the ones which Stinger organise are fine for me and I don't need to organise more :/

Calm down.

People have lifes you know, not just TDU all day.

There will be more events soon enough.

I'm not upset, i just want to get into the club badly.

This argument isn't really valid, I'm not asking for 1 event daily. In the last two weeks there were only multiplayer events which won't get me any points, and 1 cruise, but i couldnt join cuz i was @ work.

And even if there were 3 events weekly, it wouldnt be fair to join all of them because there are more ppl who want to be in the ingame club. So after a little calculating this means i need AT LEAST 10 weeks of joining a cruise every week to get in. So thats roughly 2,5months. At this rate of organizing events it will take at least double this time.:(

I want to contribute in the club in races (i'm pretty good, look me up if u dont believe me in leaderboards), and also give ingame money and organize cruises, but at this rate I will have to wait for that till end of the year :sulk:

The top priority over the next few weeks is upgrading the club house. To get more people in the club house it needs to be upgraded. This will take time but the club still functions the same without the club house.

We are doing events weekly so look out for the next event in the next few days.

I'm getting mildly upset with the fact that in about 95% of the cruises the same people get to join. I get the grading system and im totally up for it. However, joining 4 consecutive cruises in a row as some have been doing, is not fair. There is just not a chance in hell for the lower grade members to join cruises if the grading system is used and the same people join every god damn cruise.

Solutuions:

1. Set a limit on how many cruises you can join consecutively. Like, every third cruise arranged you can join, etc.

Actaully, i see no other option, using the grading system or not.

I don't care much about being in the Club just to have access to clubraces and such, i just want to be able to join the cruises we organize. This isn't possible with the way things are at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Myself and Stinger are very busy recently. I know I'm not Club Leader, but I'm in a position to prganise cruises and am sorry about this. I can't say about ScottishSpot, but at the moment. Official cruises are limited due to real-life. I appreciate the fact cruises are limited sucks for everyone else.

But, what I personally would suggest anyone who is familiar with how these are run, could set up a cruise. Not an official TDU-C Club one, post it [here] with the tag [PC], and you could run them in the same way. And if we observe from an outside point of view. Maybe things could change. But like I say I'm not top dog, this is just my opinion :)

Obviously points wont be awarded. However if what you say is true, and cruising is what you want, this shouldn't matter as a quick fix? :)

Hmm, still no cruises to earn points.

Don't be pissed off again when you read this, it's not meant that way. The idea is to get you thinking and add some more of your friends to be able to organize events (that actually reward points so you can join the club), maybe Diablo who has been very active on both fora lately (here and tdu2 official forums)

I try to be online for around at least 30 minutes every night, but haven't seen stinger online in ages. Also, there hasnt been a single mafia cruise after the announcement of the test.

Ok, maybe I see this wrong, and if I do, please correct me, but isn't the point of having a club far more interesting right after the introduction of a game, as users will get bored after a while and move on to Shift 2 or other games. (See bored with TDU2 already thread) Thinking of this, I can't understand why someone would make a club and issue strict rules on joining and not be online very much, or have a high rank club member who is. This just doesnt make sense at all. The waiting list is like at least 50 ppl long, so enough interest in making this club the best. Also, I don't see that planning random cruises that don't award any points is useful. As I am not in the ingame club, I don't know the other members, and it is hard to contact them. Also, if i want to cruise, i just ask after going online if somebody wants to cruise in chat.

offtopic;

Thinking of this, it reminds me of Atari/Eden promising the exploration pack, announcing it late february, and still no exploration pack. If you announce something, or want something, then do it, and don't keep players waiting forever. Announcing a patch and letting people wait 1 week short of two months for the actual patch is in my opinion not the way to treat you loyal customers.

Btw; Any arguments about 'having a life next to TDU2' are IMHO null and void, so dont bother. As said before, I'm not expecting people to be online every day or every friday, but the frequency of the events offered here recently is below any standard. (actually, thinking of the whole idea that I expect every organizing member to be online 24/7 or at least daily is just plain and utterly shortsighted)

Also, I don't see that planning random cruises that don't award any points is useful.

Members want change. This is all I can think of to allow us to view change and see if anything needs changing. I posted the idea four days ago. With the way people were flaming, I was expecting one to be oragnised fairly quickly... But no.

Btw; Any arguments about 'having a life next to TDU2' are IMHO null and void, so dont bother.

You try working 12-15 hour days. 7 Days a week. Plus juggling friends/family/spouses/generally surviving (eating, sleeping etc.). THEN, you'll understand where I am coming from. And that us no understatement on my behalf. Believe it or not, I really do not care. :wait: