We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Weird ad display covering threads

Djey

Question

3 answers to this question

There are two types of ad display, one I manually specified location in code, and second is automated ad where google algorithm determines where it think "best" location to inject

It is the latter that sometimes fucks up, it's not easy to say just remove it, since there are lot of dynamic generated area that are not covered by first part, I will try cover them and disable auto ad, for now I'm going to tune down max amount it is allowed to show

From your screenshot it is the second case, by the way were you logged in when you see the ad? Your user group should be ad free

I don't see manual placement from your screenshot, Algorithm sees no manual ad on the page so it might try to inject as many as it can, that might explains it

Next time if you can save a offline copy of the page that would help me debug it, on mobile Android chrome you click the three dots and download icon 

4 hours ago, Eudemon said:

From your screenshot it is the second case, by the way were you logged in when you see the ad? Your user group should be ad free

Yes I was always logged in, that was surprising me, I rarely get ads here...

Thanks for answer, and sorry for forgetting to save the page, will think next time it happens...