We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU Platinum crashes after saving data using TDUPE 2.77

Hey everyone,

I am trying to change Steering Lock value of BMW M5 F10. TDU Platinum has 55 degrees as default, but real M5 F10 has 36 degrees. After i make change and press Save Car button, game crashes on the start. The thing is that I can edit vanilla TDU, but when i edit TDU Platinum it crashes... I don't get it. How to fix this issue? I am using TDUPE that came with TDU Platinum. (I am running on .NET Framework 3.5 if this gonna help anyone, idk)

M5 F10 Steering Lock Issue.jpg

1 minute ago, Djey said:

If tdupe does not work, try TDUF (not saying that because I made it lol).

Hey, i tried your TDUF tool and were really impressed with it. Only problem i have with it is that inside Hardcore Mode steering lock value stays the same. It only gets updated in Arcade mode of TDU. How to go around this situation?

2 hours ago, Djey said:

Hardcore mode seems to take over the database for some settings. As HC parameters are hardcoded in the binary, don't expect a workaround soon...

I fixed TDUPE issue by following "Q. TDUPE is not working?" under "[Released] Test Drive Unlimited Platinum" topic.

But as mentioned item number "1105" did not worked. When i opened "TDU_CarPhysicsData.db" of mine, there was "11100"... I just removed one zero to make it 4 digit number and game launched just fine with TDUPE edited data.

The interesting fact is that for example: I adjusted Maximum RPM using both TDUPE and TDUF, both works in Hardcore Mode... BUT, when i adjusted Steering Lock using both TDUPE and TDUF, none of them are capable of making changes in Hardcore Mode.

This drives me towards the conclusion that there is something going on with the way TDU Platinum is built, because inside vanilla TDU had no problems making changes in Hardcore Mode of the game.

Hopefully this is something that can be sorted out, it's great to see you guys create such lovely pieces of software.

TDUPE Fix.jpg