We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited Platinum how to increase Rev limit in Cars Help!!!!

Karkinos010

i need help increasing the rev limit in some cars , lets say i go to tdupe i choose a car and then i see it has a rev limit of 7500 thats too low for 800 hp that the car has its just revs so fast and i lose alot of time shifting gears so i changed the rev limit to 9500 i click save i go to the game but when i drive the car the rev limit stays the same and also does some weird noise when it rev hits any comment will be greatly appreciated

Because it ain't that easy. Lol. 

You need to edit the btrq file inside the car mod file, and the sound, well, you need to either find a sound mod that support such high rev, or make a new one yourself. 

Also, if you play in manual with manual clutch, shifting is really fast. And use TDUF, not TDU PE. 

20 hours ago, Milli said:

Because it ain't that easy. Lol. 

You need to edit the btrq file inside the car mod file, and the sound, well, you need to either find a sound mod that support such high rev, or make a new one yourself. 

Also, if you play in manual with manual clutch, shifting is really fast. And use TDUF, not TDU PE. 

ok i see what i can do thanks Milli

On 6/21/2021 at 1:21 AM, Milli said:

edit the btrq file

i have found this:

as said, maybe more simple than edit is to "swap the .btrq file in ... BNK with another .btrq from Saleen S7 for example".

if you play in manual with manual clutch

i think in Controls/Options/Gearbox set to Manual and disable Auto-clutch, on Driving tab set Clutch (Car) to some key/button. On Xbox pad i have tried left stick down, it is doable, does not seem faster than auto-clutch when considering also occasional engine stall/stop due to low RPM i think.. but after i set it to Y button it took me a few hours and i can say that manual clutch means faster gear shifting (faster driving) in manual gearbox cars (automatic ones works even without clutch button) and also means a bit more enjoyable drive as a result. I only not yet learned how to use handbrake and the clutch button, because without it, engine stall during handbrake. Which button/stick/trigger you are using for clutch/steering/HB if having Xbox pad?

Edited by postcd

On 6/23/2021 at 4:14 AM, postcd said:

i have found this:

as said, maybe more simple than edit is to "swap the .btrq file in ... BNK with another .btrq from Saleen S7 for example".

i think in Controls/Options/Gearbox set to Manual and disable Auto-clutch, on Driving tab set Clutch (Car) to some key/button. On Xbox pad i have tried left stick down, it is doable, does not seem faster than auto-clutch when considering also occasional engine stall/stop due to low RPM i think.. Which button/stick/trigger you are using for clutch/steering/gearing if having Xbox pad?

In a Playstation 3 joypad, i use R2 to accelerate, L2 to brake. R1 is shift up, L1 is shift down, and X is clutch.