We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

test drive unlimited online

melvinrex

Hi Melvin.  What kind of network router do you have?  Do you play over WiFi or plugged into a network cable?

In most cases, a free router provided by your ISP will be unsuitable for online multiplayer.

A good quality 'gaming' router connected over Ethernet cable is the optimal way to play online.  Routers have CPU, RAM, etc like PCs do and those specs can struggle to keep up as you connect more devices in your home and consume more online content.  You should consider upgrading them perhaps half as often as you upgrade your GPU or CPU. 

Please make sure UPnP is enabled in your router configuration, and check the log file on your computer Documents\Test Drive Unlimited\upnp.txt to see if any issues are reported.

I can hear player's voice chats and everyone is marked red on the map(Is that how the map is supposed to work?) and I don't see them. But time to time I can see their nametags kilometres away while driving around but for some reason when I try to meet up with my friend I don't see or hear them at all even in the map.