We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU1 - New Hawaii - ULTRA HD 4K Retexture (Gift from "Test Drive Unlimited 2 RS Project")

Adm-RAL

TDU1 - New Hawaii - ULTRA HD 4K Retexture (Gift from "Test Drive Unlimited 2 RS Project")

Ретекстур для игры Test Drive Unlimited
Качество текстур мира игры улучшено в 6-8 раз по сравнению с оригиналом. Все текстуры и дизайн делались с нуля. 
После установки мода, возможен выбор между - HiRes версией и LowRes. Ориентируйтесь на производительность вашего оборудования!
Посмотреть скриншоты обоих версий можно тут - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wF38OQ4Pm_KB0eN6-Ud972tN0i3LXKIE
Установка - читайте в ридми в папке на Гугл-диске, рядом с архивом мода! ОБЯЗАТЕЛЬНО!
Обзорное Видео в 4К:

Translation:
Retexture for the game Test Drive Unlimited
The texture quality of the game world has been improved by 6-8 times compared to the original. All textures and design were made from scratch.
After installing the mod, you can choose between - HiRes version and LowRes. Focus on the performance of your equipment!
You can see screenshots of both versions here - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wF38OQ4Pm_KB0eN6-Ud972tN0i3LXKIE
Installation - read the readme in the folder on Google Drive, next to the mod archive! NECESSARILY!

Google translator (с)

Got some artifacts on the power and light poles.
It always flickers white and when you get closer it gradually disappears.
I'm using the low resolution texture, but it's the same with the high resolution.
It's not a big glitch now, but would be nice if you could get it away?
Or is it because of my nvidia settings?

TestDriveUnlimited_2022_03_27_21_53_59_501 (2)_LI.jpg

TestDriveUnlimited_2022_03_27_21_52_41_393 (2)_LI.jpg

27 minutes ago, -=[(ELVIS)]=- said:

Got some artifacts on the power and light poles.

The fact is that I did not touch these textures. 🙂
If possible, check these places in a clean TDU or in another mod.
In general, yes, the retexture is demanding on the minimum video settings! If the resolution is less than 1920x1080, then most likely there will be a bad picture. Since textures are very sharp, low resolutions by definition are not able to reproduce their quality, so there can be any artifacts, especially in the HiRes version of the retexture!
It is advisable to play at a resolution of 1920x1080 with x4 anti-aliasing and x16 anisotropic filtering! I've been retexturing more or less modern hardware that might allow the game to run on the above graphics settings.
Google translator (с)

13 minutes ago, Adm-RAL said:

The fact is that I did not touch these textures. 🙂

Ok that's weird now. 😄 Maybe I never noticed it before because the textures were blurry and washed out?

20 minutes ago, Adm-RAL said:

It is advisable to play at a resolution of 1920x1080 with x4 anti-aliasing and x16 anisotropic filtering!

I play at 2560x1080 4x AA + 8x SMAA and 16x AF.
Have had such artifacts before when editing cars, there I could fix it on the model itself.

I just added now FXAA + MFAA in the Nvidia driver and instead of SMAA I use Multisample.
The image looks a bit washed out and the artifacts are only slightly reduced.
Hmm....ok I would have to test on occasion times on my other PC whether that is there also so.

Nevertheless, this texture mod is really stunning, it somehow makes playing TDU much more fun.
And photos look 1000x better, because there are no ugly textures in the background anymore.👌

Thanks for your quick help. 😉

I have now noticed some crashes when spawning in the middle of the map, also some FPS drops.
I see in the comments section that others are having these problems as well.

Do you use the HD patch from "2CV Super GT" for the low and high resolution?
If so, that could be causing this problem.
I patched it back to normal TDU visibility on mine and the crashes and FPS drops seem to be gone.

Deactivating it will of course affect your graphics mod a bit, but it still looks great.
Could possibly be an option for the low resolution mod 😉

22 minutes ago, Adm-RAL said:

No. I do not know what it is.

Hmm ok but your mod seems to use it anyway.
You can see it because the level of details have a wider visibility than the original TDU. 😉
In the CommonWorld the file Library.3DD was exchanged.

The mod is already very old, but it causes that you have a greater visibility. With it the level of the details can be adjusted. Unfortunately, the side effect is FPS drops because the graphics engine is overloaded with it.

Here is a link to this mod. Maybe you use it but and do not know it? 😉

1 hour ago, -=[(ELVIS)]=- said:

Maybe you use it but and do not know it?

To create the mod, I used CommonWorldDiv2.bnk from TDU Platinum. I don't know if this mod was used there. 🙂 Maybe it was used... 🙂

By the way, I do not recommend enabling HDR in the game. It can negatively affect the picture. And it can possibly lead to the artifacts we talked about above.
Also, I recommend keeping fx tweek in PPL turned off.

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2022 at 2:10 PM, Kobanchegus said:

витают в воздухе пальмы

Выключи fx tweaks в лаунчере. 😉

И конечно, если играешь с оригинальной или любой своей погодой (FX) в неё нужно внести изменения, как сказано в README поставляемом с этим модом! 😉

Edited by Adm-RAL

On 5/8/2022 at 9:48 PM, Adm-RAL said:

Выключи fx tweaks в лаунчере. 😉

Спасибо! Не знал что он на такие аспекты влияет. Покурил форум ланчера парадайз, вроде как оно должно эффектов дополнительных добавлять, всегда с вкл играл, выключил, изменений визуально не заметил, но трова из твоего текстур пака выровнялась.

On 5/8/2022 at 9:48 PM, Adm-RAL said:

если играешь с оригинальной или любой своей погодой (FX) в неё нужно внести изменения

Внес секцию травы, рекомендованную из readme в погоду от сборки платинум, чего-то мне больше погода из платинума понравилась, своей дымкой например, которая скрывает много недочетов графики ТДУ.

5 minutes ago, Kobanchegus said:

чего-то мне больше погода из платинума понравилась, своей дымкой например, которая скрывает много недочетов графики ТДУ.

Правка секции конфигов травы никак не отражается на самой погоде! 🙂 Я поэтому и дал такие рекомендации... Потому-что мнения про погоду у всех разные! 🙂 А вообще, ты прав, эта дымка (туман) не просто-так делается во всех играх! 😉 🙂 

8 minutes ago, Kobanchegus said:

Покурил форум ланчера парадайз, вроде как оно должно эффектов дополнительных добавлять

Я никаких эффектов от этой галочки не замечал. 🙂 Ну, кроме более контрастных отражений и ещё какой-нибудь незначительной мелочи...

• 2 months later...

Какой-то щит хэппенс. После обновления виндовса фапиес с данным паком просел в пол, не играбельно + текстуры рябят, шарпятся сильно. при том что ориг тду платинум норм работает, как и до этого работал. 
Венда раньше была 8.1 спокойно игралось с этим паком текстур, обновился до 11, и усе, приехали. 
Што делать? Привык уже к этому паку текстур, ванильный платиумный не доставляет так.

20220722171548.jpg

Могу только сказать, что в модификации нет ничего, что могло бы сломаться. Текстуры - это просто текстуры. Не считая качества, они ничем не отличаются от любых других текстур TDU1.
Скорее-всего Вин11 как-то неправильно работает с рендером игры. Но, тут я не помогу, потому-что не имел дел с Вин11 и ещё долго не буду иметь... 🙂

• 6 months later...

Hi! I know I'm a year late, but I figured I might as well attempt to post anyway.

So, I really love the mod and the textures are super good - I like how it conveys Oahu actually being a tropical island, the vanilla textures feel too much like a regular deciduous forest to my liking - but they have a pretty major issue in which the tree foliages don't seem to fade to blue or a lower-resolution texture when in the distance, which makes it look quite jarring and nothing like how it's like in your screenshots. Maybe I installed it wrong?

1 hour ago, Tadpole said:

Hi! I know I'm a year late, but I figured I might as well attempt to post anyway.

So, I really love the mod and the textures are super good - I like how it conveys Oahu actually being a tropical island, the vanilla textures feel too much like a regular deciduous forest to my liking - but they have a pretty major issue in which the tree foliages don't seem to fade to blue or a lower-resolution texture when in the distance, which makes it look quite jarring and nothing like how it's like in your screenshots. Maybe I installed it wrong?

Hello.
If I understood you correctly, then you are talking about the absence of fog. In many hourly weather sections, in the weather for TDU1, the weather developers almost completely turn it off, so in the distance the textures contrast strongly with the sky, as a result of which such an ugly picture appears. I tried several weathers for TDU1 and all of them have such shortcomings. In theory, in the original weather (the FX folder in the game) there should not be such errors. If you can find her, try to play with her.
Also, I myself was going to develop normal weather for TDU1, but I abandoned this idea, because this game is not very interesting for me. I'm doing my modification for TDU2 (TDU2-RS) and also modding other games, so I don't have time for TDU1.  And I took screenshots and videos on my weather section, where the correct lighting and fog are set. This test weather is in the modification. Read the readme, it says how to install it. But, keep in mind that the weather in it will ALWAYS be the same, such like in the screenshots or my video. 
Well, yes, I remind you that for the retexture to work well, anisotropic filtering x16 and anti-aliasing should work from x4. Resolution from 1920x1080. The textures were made in a quality that is optimal for playing in 4K, so at lower resolutions they may well give some artifacts due to the fact that the video card cannot correctly display the texture of a huge resolution at a monitor resolution below 1920x1080...