We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

XML 10 18 Error on Uni. Launcher

Friz

This has been happening everytime i launch the Universal Launcher for nearly a year now and i got no luck trying to find a fix on the XML 10 18 error. Ive posted on reddit and steam community but no luck too

I have zero clue how to program so please help me on this. it would be very greatly appreciated

Here is what the ERROR log is saying: 

6/8/2022 7:49 PM:    There is an error in XML document (10, 18).
System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (10, 18). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected XML declaration. The XML declaration must be the first node in the document, and no white space characters are allowed to appear before it. Line 10, position 18.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParsePI(BufferBuilder piInDtdStringBuilder)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadEndElement()
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader_UL_Settings.Read2__UL_Settings(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
   at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReader_UL_Settings.Read3__UL_Settings()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
   at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader textReader)
   at _UL_Settings.UL_Properties.ReadXml()
   at TDU2_Universal_Launcher.Program.Main(String[] Args)

unknown_2022.05.21-10.29_1.png

• 1 year later...

in English for fast xD

hello! I had the same problem and there is no information about this hahaha. I suffered, but the method I did was 3 things:

install prophet's crack (it brings the .DLLs for steam)

The first thing was to activate all the features of .NET Framework 3.5 in the control panel. (Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features: Turn Windows features on or off) Windows takes care of everything...

but also look at @KNYAZEV's profile. Your publication of your universal launcher, the history of updates that I made with the application and what changed or could be wrong in my installation path.

He mentions that your tool settings are saved in C:\Users\NamePC\AppData\Local\i-Knyazev.ru\TDU2\Universal Launcher\v3

a single file appears: settings.HTML

I made a backup copy and modified the file so much that it became unusable. but before trying the backup, delete it.

install the universal launcher again...
and it opened!!!! I just configured it as usual and the "settings" file appeared again, but with the new settings.

my theory was that I installed the game (again) in another path, (C:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited 2)
Because I downloaded it from the ELAMIGOS page and I had the PROPER version configured in the launcher, since it doesn't read the destination, it gets confused, so maybe I just need to delete the settings file and configure it again!

Spoiler

hola! tenia el mismo problema y no existe información de esto jajaja. sufrí, pero el método que hice fueron 3 cosas:

instale en crack de prophet (trae, los .DLL para steam)

lo primero fue activar todas las características de .NET Framework 3.5  en el panel de control. (Panel de control\Programas\Programas y características: activar o desactivar características de Windows) Windows se encarga de todo...

pero también busque en el perfil de @KNYAZEV . Su publicación de su universal launcher, el historial de actualizaciones que realizo con la aplicación y que fue lo que cambio o podría estar mal en mi ruta de instalación.

el menciona, que sus ajustes de el "tool" se guardan en C:\Users\NamePC\AppData\Local\i-Knyazev.ru\TDU2\Universal Launcher\v3

aparece un solo archivo: settings.HTML

realice una copia de seguridad y el archivo lo modifique tanto que quedo inservible. pero antes de intentar con la copia de seguridad, lo elimine.

instale de nuevo el universal launcher...
y abrió!!!!  solo lo configure como de costumbre y el archivo "settings" apareció de nuevo, pero con la configuración nueva.

mi teoría fue que instale en juego (de nuevo) en otra ruta, (C:\Games\Test Drive Unlimited 2)
por que lo descargue de la pág.. de ELAMIGOS y tenia la versión de PROPER configurada en el launcher, al no leer el destino, se confunde, entonces quizá solo es eliminar el archivo settings y configurar de nuevo!