We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Map of Oahu from TDU for ETS 2

fridoom

Hello everyone! I thought about whether someone once transferred a map from TDU to ETS 2? If not, how realistic is it to do so? The map in TDU is very large and cool, interesting road junctions, routes, detail and size of Honolulu, industrial area, airport and so on. For ETC 2 it was very cool! I'm not a developer, but I've been thinking about it for a very long time) And since this is the best forum on TDU, I decided to write here. If someone is interested in this idea, then write about it! Thank you for your attention! And excuse me for this text, I am writing through a translator, since I am from Ukraine.

It's doable, but it would be a huge project.

The map of Oahu is arranged in sectors. see: 

And each sector needs to be meticulously extracted and converted into a 3d format. 

Roads and junctions are extractable using both TDUworldeditor(by editing a few lines in the .dae) and zmmoder 2.2.4(2.2.8 for tdu2)

The terrian can only be extracted using TDUworldeditor.

However the biggest problem are the trees and buildings since they are codded in into sectors and there is no way of getting their position and location.

So you can get the hmap(terrian) and roads with some time. But trees and buildings are next to impossible get.

Edited by BEight

20 hours ago, BEight said:

It's doable, but it would be a huge project.

The map of Oahu is arranged in sectors. see: 

And each sector needs to be meticulously extracted and converted into a 3d format. 

Roads and junctions are extractable using both TDUworldeditor(by editing a few lines in the .dae) and zmmoder 2.2.4(2.2.8 for tdu2)

The terrian can only be extracted using TDUworldeditor.

However the biggest problem are the trees and buildings since they are codded in into sectors and there is no way of getting their position and location.

So you can get the hmap(terrian) and roads with some time. But trees and buildings are next to impossible get.

thanks a lot for your answer! but I didn’t understand much from this))) because I don’t quite understand these mods)) but maybe there is a person here who is more versed in this matter?