We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Missing McLaren F1 GTR after Platinum ver.1.21

xIceman06x

there are 3 upgrade options each of "Mclaren" upgrade choices

the first one is for longtail version

the second is for GTR conversion 

the third is for LM conversion

i have smart idea, if you want superfast Mclaren F1 GTR. buy Cerbera Speed 12, it's very stable at high speed when turning

copy and paste these files, it can be found in Vehicules folder :

Mclaren_F1_GTR.bnk

Mclaren_F1_GTR_I.bnk

then, rename them into :

Speed_12.bnk

Speed_12_I.bnk

don't worry, it'll named as Speed_12 (2).bnk after you renamed them

don't forget to put the original Cerbera Speed 12 files to your backup folder. so, you can recover the original model later

(don't forget to delete "(2)" name on files to avoid game crashing)

after you done, play the game and you'll see the Cerbera has replaced into F1 GTR with lowered suspension. why the interior camera has weird POV? because it's Cerbera's camera interior (i still don't know where to find to replace camera POV interior)

why the sound is different from F1 GTR? for that, do a replace file method. you can find it in sounds>vehicules

wanna change the HUD? replace the file, it can be founded in FrontEnd>HiRes>Gauges

hope this help you :3

Edited by Velo

I appreciate the advice! While I rather wait for Millie to fix it properly in the next update, your suggestion gave me a thought. Could I use that method to restore an original tdu car? if i had a copy of the vanilla files, and say I wanted to bring back the Cadillac cien, would i simply replace the cien files in platinum to get it to work? I just don't know which car replaced the cien.

you can replace to any car. Chiron, Regera (if you interested to try something like first gear only hypercar), One:1, Veyron, Huayra, Zonda, etc.

before you replace the file, make you sure you've bought the car first

you don't have to download the Megapack.

they already available as secondary files in vehicules named as :

2_Cien.bnk

2_Cien_I.bnk

Edited by Velo

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, financecajole said:

Why can't I open these files?

Move the files to the replacement game folder and you will be able to open the files only with https://turboduck.net/forums/topic/6702-djey-tdu-modding-tools-1163 / or a newer tool https://turboduck.net/forums/topic/33423-tduf-most-advanced-modding-tools-for-tdu-so-far /

Edited by andrey zyb