We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Sound Modding Question

BoomBap

Hi guys, today I was feeling quite nostalgic while reading the new news about Test Drive Solar Crown (hopefully it's not a flop, considering who's developing it)
However, I therefore decided to re-download TDU2, companion of so many beautiful hours spent, considering that I literally consumed it at the time when it came out.

Having said that since I have modding experience in driving games and seeing that the modding community is still active I thought why not improve what is now really the weak point of the game?
Obviously I mean the sound sector, of course I'm aware that miracles cannot be done, but already using more accurate sound samples, etc., the driving experience could be made more interesting.
I am aware that the game used very few samples for engine sound and that it used them for both interior and exterior of the car etc etc.
My curiosity is ;

Is it possible to also have access to the text files that control the sound samples of the cars?

I already have experience in sound modding, and therefore sampling sounds from videos etc, fmod etc. (although I'm not very sure if he used fmod tdu2, indeed I would say unlikely.)

However, if anyone could give some more info it would be appreciated, thanks in advance

Ok so I finally joined the TurboDuck Discord to get more info and it seems that it is not possible to decrypt the CarVSTConfig.xmb file.
That said, I'm getting some decent results even without accessing it, most likely I'll be releasing a sound pack mod in the near future.
I have quite a list of cars in mind to dedicate a sound mod to, and I've already started and completed almost 4 sounds!
Ferrari 458 Italy
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Nissan GTR
Lancia Delta Integrale Evo 2

I won't deny that I'm doing it objectively for me more than anything else, as I hate the synthetic and soulless car sounds of the old racing games.
Which then, for heaven's sake, maybe at the time they could have been there, and also considering the large fleet of TDU2 cars, the devs certainly couldn't work miracles, indeed they even did it on some cars, objectively speaking.
In conclusion, I don't know if people are really interested in this aspect etc, but basically once I've made them for myself I'll be happy to share them, hoping someone appreciates them!

Ok stay tuned!

Small Preview

*This is initial version old video!

Edited by BoomBap