We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

HUGE dilemma...

_bEckson_P.M

Ok so I'm having a HUGE dilemma in my hands ATM. I can't decide what I should buy. In other hand I have Xbox360+tdu+32" hdtv and in the other hand I have TDU+Logitech G25+new PC.

The problem is that if I want to buy the G25 and play the TDU properly, I need to buy a new comp and that ain't cheap. I calculated that new PC+g25+tdu would cost around 1200$ and I'm a student so I don't really have that kind of money at once. The Xbox360+tdu+hdtv would cost around 1000$ but I could get that on part payment thingy (means that I pay around 100$ in a month for eleven months..). The problem is, is the G25 really worth it?? It costs freakin' fortune, but u know I've allways been a realism seeker when it comes to car games..

I started thinking the other games that are coming, Halo 3, Forza motorsport 2 (is it coming to PC too), Crysis (for PC) and u know I just can't decide..

Help

Go for the cheaper option. And you can get Halo 2 for 360 (backwards compatible) which IS the same game as Halo 3 just without the updated graphics. The weapons are still poor and don't feel right. Check out R6V for how guns should feel in a game. You're going to have to spend a hell of a lot of money on your PC to be able to play Crysis, too!

I would choose the Xbox option, simply because there will be a time in the near future when better PCs will come along, and you will have to upgrade, and there will be a better wheel than the G25 in due time aswell. With the 360 you won't have to spend a single penny upgrading the hardware until the next console generation comes along in 3/5 years. and then you have the TV, Hi def is the biggest leap forward in over

30 years (since colour TV became availible to the masses) That wont need upgrading for years either, and TDU... well, its the best driving game under the sun

If you go for PC you will want to spend more than that one it to get as good gaming as 360 and a lot more to get better gaming really.

An HD TV will do a lot more for you in the long run as everthing is going digital and hd is the higher end of digital (i think).

hard to say really, TDU still has a large community, but servers rarely fill up unless its a fly drive/you're in the city.

TDU still has a 'healthy' community on 360...

however the PC version has been released for only a few months, whilst the 360 version has been out for almost 9 months now. so as it stands, the PC community is probably bigger, as the game is alot fresher for them.

option 1

xbox360, M$ racing Wheel, TDU&FM2

xbox360 Premium (USD) = $400

M$ Racing Wheel (USD) = $150

TDu & FM2 (in USD) = under $100

and depending on what you get for a 32" HDTV, it might cost you

(on CircuitCity's website, or was it BestBuy?.... anyways, i saw an 'Olevia' 32" LCD HDTV for about $700, and has gotten nothing but great reviews) if i had that kinda money, i would upgrade my TV as well. (but then i'd have to upgrade my Cable box to an HD-box, get a better TV Tuner Card for my PC, and probably upgrade to the Elite. not worth it right now for me. :))