We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 needs ...?

Eudemon

Seeing as more discussion is going on about the game and it's inevitable successor I figured it would be a good idea to take some ideas from people, gather them up and then make a poll and maybe even see if we can get it sent to Atari to show what the community wants in the next iteration of TDU.

And so as to not end up with a wishlist that goes on for pages and pages we are limiting you to 2 items so make sure they are the ones you would personally like to see the most. Also we know that weather, day and night cycles as well as customisation are always requested so those will be the first 3 straight off so please don't list them unless you are specifying something like a livery editor or the like.

Get thinking!

Deadline for your ideas is 31st January 2008.

Ideas so far

MUST HAVES

* Improved support on current formats and more communication to the community

* Dynamic Weather with a Day and Night cycle

* Realistic engine and exhaust sounds

* Customisation in the form of bodykits, rims and livery editing

* Slightly more indepth tuning

* Smoother and less bumpy/choppy roads

* Numberplate generator

* Environment affects your car

* Some form of damage; cosmetic at minimum

* Improved physics for the cars

* Improved physics, control and animations of the bikers

* More working car features such as indicators, wipers and roofs

* Improved photomode with less compression and actual ability to upload

Environment

* Dynamic Weather System; Rain, Storm, Ice and Wind effects

* Night and Day cycle

* Polish the graphics and colour palette to be more photorealistic (mixed views on this)

* Environment affects your car, ie long drive results in dirty bodywork and windows, offroad equals mud

* Working car washes to clean your car, car stays dirty until washed

* Working gas/fuel stations, you have the option of using them though maybe some challenges could require them

* Larger island or environment with more roads

* More stop off locales ie; multi-storey and underground car parks, lay-bys and such like

* Random number/licence plate's on NPC cars

* Broader range of NPC cars, buses, city cars, taxi's, jeeps, trucks and the occasional ice-cream van

* Drag strip plus more race tracks

* Being able to park yourself then entering your house via a button press rather than a cutscene

Car and Bike Improvements

* Realistic engine and exhaust sounds, no synthetic replicas!

* Wheel (not steering) animations should be more realistic, right now they stay the same speed no matter how high a speed you're doing

* Full 360 degree rotation of the vehicle ala PGR and Forza

* Less glare with the lights, make more real world not like twinkling stars

* Convertibles are able to open and close roofs when stationary

* Indicators and Hazard lights, fun when cruising and sorely missed from first TDU

* More animations for drivers and riders, ie handbrake, pushing the horn, flicking the indicator stalks, looking behind when reversing. As for riders pushing the brake and no reverse gear, have it ala PGR4 and MotoGP where the rider walks the bike backwards. Stunts ala PGR4 would be very welcome also as would the rider and bike movement which allows burnouts, sliding and donuts

* Distant sounds of cars getting louder or quieter as their distance changes to you, if a Ferrari or a bike is behind you a bit you will still hear it, same with anything in front of you also

Customisation/Customization

* Customisation of your vehicle with rims, spoilers (active working), bodykits (active aero, non-NFS rubbish) which preferably would be actual real life makers like OZ, Yokohama, Brembo etc...

* Livery Editor allowing at minimum the ability to make custom shapes and your own number/licence plates

* Number/Licence plate creator if above not available

Tuning

* Ability to tune your car in the same way that Gran Turismo and Forza allow you to

* Ability to save setups, for example a racetrack, a fun drift course or just aiming for a top speed run

Physics

* More realistic driving physics, maybe a pro mode or something

* Greater level of travel in accelerating and braking pressure, locking brakes would be nice on older cars and ones without ABS too

Selection of Vehicles

* Off roaders for all the off road terrain and general driving fun they would bring

* Luxury marques such as Bentley, Rolls Royce, Maybach etc

* More classics such as older Ferrari's, Mini's, MG's etc

* More everyday cars such as rep mobiles (Laguna, 407, Mondeo, Passat etc) and hot hatches ie; Focus ST, Alfa 147, Clio, Fiesta, 207 etc...

Single Player Story and General Game Improvements

* GPS more user friendly, ie North Marker

* Hardcore mode integrated in the game rather than a separate option with it's own races and challenges

* Being able to take your car to the dealer or a garage for servicing and repairs if wanted

* Ability to walk around interiors such as dealers, shops and your garage with the option of photomode

Multiplayer Modes and Improvements

* More players in a session like 10, 12 or even 16

* Improved netcode, no more pulling in front of another player and finding that you take them out, also traffic sync needs improving also

* Ability to set waypoints for all/locked in session and stay in a session

regardless of leaving map

* A sort of party system meaning you never lose those players in the party until you leave that party, not when you goto the map, enter a shop etc...

* Passenger-cam; allows friends and other players at your acceptance to jump in and take ride with you in your car, 2 in front and 2 in back if vehicle permits (I don't think this has ever been done before!)

* Cops and Robbers

* TDU TV? Being able to watch races happening from your TV in your home, would be good for watching replays also

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good plot would make the game a lot better. NFS carbon had a decent effort but it should be more intense and involve the player more. Just driving pointless races for money gets bored pretty soon.

I can't think of anything else. Maybe when I play the game a bit more. I only have <10 hours so I haven't seen anything yet.

Oh God, only two?

Can I get away with two high-level topics?

More cruise-friendly:

- Multiple, group-shared waypoints and a north marker on the GPS display.

- More players in a session

- Ability to hop into the map without losing your session.

Hardcore improvements:

- Hardcore included as standard.

- Single player challenges (hardcore only challenges, or a different set of targets for normal and hardcore modes).

Everything you said Diablo should be included. Also move the horn from the Right stick to the left stick only a small thing but it would make one hell of a difference, well for me anyway.

I know this one will be a bit contraversial but Off Roaders (proper Land Rovers and Hummer H1's not Escalades and Hummer H2's) and Scrambles with off road/dirt tracks to be explored.

Edit: if they where in have 4x4 they would have to have a high and low range gear box so you could get up near vertical mountains.

No synthed sound. Have proper recording.

Photorealistic graphics. Would prefer a small island and better graphics. If they run out of disk space maybe have a limited amount of cars and then free downloads avalible stright off so they don't take up disk space.

I know these arn't features but still, I think they are the two thing that would have made TDU great.

Also when offroad, there should be Mud on the side of your car.

- Car wash!

- Gas Stations which do work, so we have to pay for the gasoline, and our tank should go empty after a while, i would actually like that.

- More customisation when it comes to color, like other rim color etc.

- Wheels that don't turn at the same speed if your going 50 or 400kmh

Also when offroad, there should be Mud on the side of your car.

- Car wash!

- Gas Stations which do work, so we have to pay for the gasoline, and our tank should go empty after a while, i would actually like that.

- More customisation when it comes to color, like other rim color etc.

- Wheels that don't turn at the same speed if your going 50 or 400kmh

Only 2 allowed.

No Bodykits in TDU! That will kill the whole game.

Then we get these Tuning "noobs" that think they tuned their car.

I wouold welcome the likes of Roush, Shelby, Nismo, Hamman, Brabus and other tuners that actually improve the car like Saleen does with the Mustang.

I diagree with where you would go into a shop and add bodykits/parts for no reason ala NFS/chavchav1.gif with a Nova style.

All of this would be amazing to add, but the fact that they'll be trying to map an area even larger (assuming; would be stupid not to) than Oahu will make adding all these features tricky.

All I want to really see is a more populated area where most of the location will be used by everyone. Honestly, as great as Oahu was for the game, there was just WAY too much of it modelled that people never used. All the forests and mountains, while great, are rarely used, or seen.

So, it'd be nice to see a location where at least 3/4 of the map will be or have to be used by folks. This means no location with gigantic amounts of forests that rarely anyone will use.

I wouold welcome the likes of Roush, Shelby, Nismo, Hamman, Brabus and other tuners that actually improve the car like Saleen does with the Mustang.

I diagree with where you would go into a shop and add bodykits/parts for no reason ala NFS/chavchav1.gif with a Nova style.

I would also like to see much more cars. More Astons, Ferrari's, Mercedesses, Maserati's, Jaguars, Lamborghini's etc.

I know i have used up all my wishes lol, but still i gotta post this..

I would LOVE to see a 32-player server, and the ability to 'isolate' which in effect makes a private server that you can send game invites for, thus making it much easier for cruises and such.

I would like to see more curved roads, not just slabs stuck together(you know, like the mountain roads arent smooth, they are bumpier than real mountain roads)

Ohh, and someone mentioned stealing ProStreets damage, screw that, steal ProStreet's SMOKE XD

- I think if the night feature is used we should be able to have continuous lights, that don't result in 'instant challenges'

- Plus (the harder to get more money thing) - which I'll expand. The cars should be graded to depend on your ranking, and the top most rank should be very hard to get, and the rare cars (Enzo etc) should only be unlocked at that top most level, so It is much harder to come across an Enzo etc :)

This can also make the cars such as the F430 and the AMG SL65 very easy to come by, as it is now, therefore pleasing the people who want to get the best cars quickly, but this also means that seeing an enzo driving around would be a real jaw dropper, if the rare cares were hard to come by...

Not being arrogant or anything ;) but I think this idea meets the needs of all the people who voted in this poll... =]

I know I copied my post in the other thread, but I cba to type it out again :P - sorry

This can also make the cars such as the F430 and the AMG SL65 very easy to come by, as it is now, therefore pleasing the people who want to get the best cars quickly, but this also means that seeing an enzo driving around would be a real jaw dropper, if the rare cares were hard to come by...

Personally I like it when 8 of us come together in the best supercars in the game. Only yesterday we had a cruise withcars including a Saleen, an Enzo, a Mclaren SLR and a Zonda. Without these fast paced cruises the game would seem a lot less fun, as a spend most of my time in A class cars, I don't know what I would do if they were locked away from me :(

Well, now that that's over I can add my 2 things :)

Firstly I want different types of tyres Lol. Soft, Slick, Racing, Off Road etc, so that the driving is more realistic wherever you go.(This was just a random thing I thought of while I was typing this post ;))

Secondly, for my final choice I want more interior tuning options. When I say interior, I don't mean leather seats etc, I mean under the bonnet. Currently there's stage 1, 2 and 3, how exciting...? I want to be able to choose the exact parts installed on my car, the size of the engine, the softness of the suspension, do I want the back seats ripped out to save some weight? I'd like the choice of that too. :D