We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post Your Screenshots Thread!

Guest RB26DETT

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

You mean the new feature of downshift protection? If so, I think it's quite crappy. Sometimes it won't downshift because the 'box is self-preserving... However it's a beta feature, I think they should fine-tune it or remove like it was before.

You mean the new feature of downshift protection? If so, I think it's quite crappy. Sometimes it won't downshift because the 'box is self-preserving... However it's a beta feature, I think they should fine-tune it or remove like it was before.

yes, i agree looks very unrealistic and can't find any way to turn it off. Will be good if Kunos make turn off/on for this future. Let's hope :rolleyes:

it's realistic if anything.

Nope.

most people were just exploiting it and using it to brake better.

I often use downshift but it's not realistic when you can't do it until your RPM drop to 4000. It's weird and for that people need to change driving style. You need to use brakes often.

Just get bored !

9f9c0d7f003a.jpg

14238aaa4452.jpg

d8a45cabab77.jpg

ed70ed72b290.jpg

3b18782e61b2.jpg

248b91a87b30.jpg

it's realistic if anything. Almost every car with the sequential gearbox has that feature. Nice to see it in the game, most people were just exploiting it and using it to brake better.

This is true, you can't downshift a sequential gearbox if it's high in the RPMs.

Nope.

I often use downshift but it's not realistic when you can't do it until your RPM drop to 4000. It's weird and for that people need to change driving style. You need to use brakes often.

Just get bored !

But, I also noticed this too. Sometimes you have just to brake too much to be able to downshift

Noice! I'm getting really tempted to buy DiRT Rally... :hmmm:

Check!