We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Spotting: What You Saw Recently!

The Queen

Yeah, we like Nürburgring. There's a sportscars club, which organizes trips to Nordschleife, Alps or whatever else. However, I don't know if I visit the Nürburgring. We might visit it when we will buy a new car in Germany (which may happen this year).

btw, you're right. It's about 8 hrs from my home. I'm about 1 hour from Prague.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since some jerks messed up everyones trust in car meetings in Holland, we only have some events but not a proper meeting.

Sounds interesting... You have a hell of a lot of spotters in Holland. I think it has by far the largest Spotter:Cars ratio lol.

Yeah, we like Nürburgring. There's a sportscars club, which organizes trips to Nordschleife, Alps or whatever else. However, I don't know if I visit the Nürburgring. We might visit it when we will buy a new car in Germany (which may happen this year).

btw, you're right. It's about 8 hrs from my home. I'm about 1 hour from Prague.

Good! If you're going there send a message. If i'm there you can do a passengerlap in the Rallye haha.

Sounds interesting... You have a hell of a lot of spotters in Holland. I think it has by far the largest Spotter:Cars ratio lol.

2008 some guys started Cars & Coffee in Holland. Even got the official stuff from the guys in the USA. Everything went fine for a while.

Then they thought: "Hey, let's do this Roadtrip". Sounded like a good idea. They charged €75 for people that wanted to participate (incl. dinner, hotel and breakfast so not that bad).

Lot's of people signed up and then it was called of. Nobody got their money back and the guy who organized it went on holiday... So anything that is organized hardly get's visitors because there is no trust anymore which is a shame.

And yes, way to much spotters in Holland. I wouldn't even call them spotters anymore... Idiots actually fight/insult/threaten eachother if they can't upload their spot on AG... Stupid 12 year olds ruin it for everyone that takes a picture of a car...

Some guys even climbed over a fence to get photos of a car on private property, then when the owner came to ask what they were doing and if they could GTFO. They insulted him. On all Dutch forums they "hate" carspotters because of those little morons ruining it.

I never call myself a "spotter" anymore because i don't want to relate to these f-tards.

Long story short: Car culture in Holland sucks. Everyone hates on eachother (Y U NO DRIVE BMW!? FWD FOOL, LAMBO'S ARE FOR POSERS and such bla bla), no one respects eachother (Hey look, one of those ricers in a Skyline...) and being an enthusiast/photographer isn't appreciated. Dutch culture just sucks. If someone has a better car they hate, if someone has a cheaper/slower/whatever car they hate aswell.. Everyone is being an idiot which is stupid, people should learn to appreciate stuff.

Last meet i went to was in 2010. Was a pretty decent meet/tour.

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy194/MartijnMb/IMG_3321.jpg

[mod edit:] Don't post images above 500kB, use a thumbnail or a text link instead.

To be honest, everytime I go to London there's a new random kid chasing a 458 down the road yelling at the driver to rev it and do a burnout. London is nothing like it used to be, there used to be about 5 or 6 of us spotting most the time except summer when there's a foreign invasion. Now there seems to be 10-15 spotters around every weekend :(

Good! If you're going there send a message. If i'm there you can do a passengerlap in the Rallye haha.

I don't know. I'm 15 and my dad would not be pleased. You know... :p

As for the spotting: I don't like car spotting, to be honest. Sometimes it looks like they are papparazi's. It would bother me if someone is taking photos/videos of my car. But yes, when I was in Monaco, I made some pics.

To be honest, everytime I go to London there's a new random kid chasing a 458 down the road yelling at the driver to rev it and do a burnout. London is nothing like it used to be, there used to be about 5 or 6 of us spotting most the time except summer when there's a foreign invasion. Now there seems to be 10-15 spotters around every weekend :(

Same in some german cities. I promise you, you will HATE germany if you are going spot in Hamburg. Well, sure, there are SuperVeloce's, a lot other Lambo's, loud AMG's and some other exotics, but in summer there are up to 25 spotters.. I was never there, but I know some who are going spot there.

My tip for your "annoying London" summer: Berlin! Berlin is just perfect for spotting. 3 Enzos, 2 MC12's, a few Veyron's, a lot 458's, scuderias, and and and. You can have a photoshoot as easy as you ask for buying an ice. And all of us 7 spotters in whole city will let you londoner's know ;) we know petrolhead, but some more would be nice too :P

As you are all whining about car club meetings I must say that we here in Serbia don't have any.Also there is one of 'us' on AGSpot and he reported my spots (2x Mansory Cayenne) because I took shots in front of dealership.Thing is though,there wasn't any.There are three of us that are going almost every day,even now,outside to try to find something although we are doing because we love to take pictures of cool cars not to prove that I've seen some cars to someone else.Good thing is that owners at least aren't bad here.You just need to ask them.Anyway the point is that I am doing it for fun.

OT now:

I can't believe in this buy one of Mansory Veyron's is coming tomorrow,I hope that I won't miss that one as I missed Cyrus...

Second that. It's lovely city! The best thing about it is Kudamm! Hard Rock café, Mercedes Gallery etc. :yay:

That's where all the supercars are summer standing at! :D

Remember back: Summer last year

5646473977_3aca415fff.jpg

Maserati MC12 + Porsche Carrera GT von BerlinRichStreets auf Flickr

OM NOM NOM NOM

I was Just like

"Guys the MC12's comming.. And CGT behind it! O.O"