We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The 3d Mod Tutorial

Hello Community is there anyone out ther wo knows the german Language and is willing to Translate my 3d Mod Tutorial to English ?

It is written in my own Community under Test Drive Unlimited / Modding / Tutorials .

In many single steps ( with pics ) you can learn ever single Step to get a Car proberty from NFS into TDU , i will discribe every single part , from importing , over how to give textures , over mapping , moving rims , lower / higher the Car , and much more .

It would be a shame to not post it here but i can't Translate it to English ,

First im not the best in English at all , and this will be a very long Tutorial too .

Also i'm very busy these days too

Greetings

Frank Wienberg [GER]

;201738']Hello Community is there anyone out ther wo knows the german Language and is willing to Translate my 3d Mod Tutorial to English ?

It is written in my own Community under Test Drive Unlimited / Modding / Tutorials .

In many single steps ( with pics ) you can learn ever single Step to get a Car proberty from NFS into TDU , i will discribe every single part , from importing , over how to give textures , over mapping , moving rims , lower / higher the Car , and much more .

It would be a shame to not post it here but i can't Translate it to English ,

First im not the best in English at all , and this will be a very long Tutorial too .

Also i'm very busy these days too

Greetings

Frank Wienberg [GER]

I can have a go at it if you like. Don't know how long very long is and how much time I have the comming weeks, but I can do my best if the google translation comes out sucky...

Let me know.

- Little_Ghost

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Step by Step:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk

2. Select Vehicules and press Ctr+C

3. Press Ctrl+V to make a backup of the original cars in case you wish to remove a mod

4. Go into the Vehicules folder

5. Replace car files with the ones you download from here.

6. If a mod contains wheel rims, replace the files in Vehiclues\Rims\[car brand name]

7. Go in game and select the car that was replaced with a mod

If the game crashes when you pick the new car, you haven't installed the Magic Map.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 years later...

Install Guide: Setting up TDU's graphic options for best effect:

So since i discovered the Platinum Mod and by extension TDU i have been through a process of trial and error to get the best out of the game on my system.

My System Specs:

CPU: i5 3350P 3.1Ghz

RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz

GPU: 4GB 1050 Ti

Game installed on HDD (not SSD).

Screen: a native 1920x1080 flat screen TV @60Hz

In game graphic settings:

Resolution: 1600x1024

Refresh Rate: 60Hz

Anti-Aliasing: 4x

HDR: (on) Brightness = Max

Level of Details = High

Nvidia Control Panel Settings:

I set these for both the Project Paradise Launcher.exe and the Test Drive Unlimited.exe (just to be sure nothing is missed).

Ansiotropic filtering: 16x

Antialiasing - FXAA = on

Antialiasing - Gamma correction = on

Antialiasing - Mode = Enhance the application setting

Antialiasing - Setting = 8x

Antialiasing - Transparency = Multisample (on my system using Supersampling introduces flickering artifacts on distant objects)

Multi-Frame Sampled AA (MFAA) = on

Texture filtering - Negative LOD bias = Clamp

Texture filtering - Quality = High Quality

Triple buffering = on

Vertical sync = Adaptive

All other settings not mentioned are left at default settings.

Project Paradise Launcher:

Windowed = on

Unlock Settings (Windowed) = on

Vsync = on

HD = on (as i use the 'HD300' graphic enhancements from the HawaiianBliss v4.0 mod).

Fuel = on

Big .bnk = on

-----------------------

With those settings when i launch the game via the Project Paradise Launcher i get a small(ish) window on my native 1920x1080 display. I normally run my games windowed as i have some utilities that i run to monitor performance and hardware and provide recording etc. So on the right of the screen i have Piriforms Speccy to monitor a range of hardware temps (from CPU to GPU and HDD/SSD), then below that GPU-Z to monitor the GPU in detail, then at the bottom a 'detatched' section from the MSI afterburner software to show graphs for FPS, CPU usage and RAM usage. I also use Riva Tuner part of MSI Afterburner to set an FPS cap of 60.

I also run DXtory and use that to display FPS on screen when running a game (and to record any footage if i choose etc).

So with that right section of the screen occupied i take the TDU screen that Project Paradise launches and drag it to the top left of the screen space, then using the 'windows' key to get out of the TDU screen and carefully select and drag the games window down and to the right to take up the available space and keep my game monitoring software in view. It looks like this:

https://i.imgur.com/5tLDfKX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5Z3Iq42.png

As for the general settings above i spent the last few months working out what worked best. Setting the resolution in game to 1920x1080 and running it windowed gave it lots of ugly jaggies, even with all the Antialiasing i threw at it. So for Windowed mode it is best to set an in-game resolution less than your display resolution and simply drag the window to fit what you want.

With the HD300 pack from HawaiianBliss v4.0 mod i mostly get a solid 60FPS (keep in mind I cap the game to that) with just the occaisonal dip into the 50's.

Hopefully this guide will aid those looking to get the best out of how TDU can look 🙂

Edited by ZG264
fixing link