We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Enzo Vs S7 Review

jbenekeorr

Earlier today, Myself and PabloTeK went for a Cruise/Race - I was driving my Saleen (Which i endeavor to find something good about!) and PabloTeK was In a Rosso Corsa coloured Enzo. It started at 'The Pitfall Path' (Towards the top of the map and to the right) Which consists of many twisty roads and some straights.

Immediatley i noticed how beautiful the Enzo was in comparison the Mongril called a Saleen! The Saleen pulled away with ease but before we got to the foreign object we call a 'Corner' I was heavily let down by the truly terrible gears which take what seems like an eternity to change. The Enzo then zipped past.

Next, We came to the dreaded corner and the Enzo swept around the near-hairpin corner but the saleen became a victim of what i call TDU road syndrome, which is where the roads has many vigorous bumps in close sucession and ends with your car skittering across the road. I was doing 30 MPH and it still did it! But I need not dwell on this small incident.

By now the Enzo was boasting an embarrassing lead, But i tried to keep the S7 on the road over and over (I am ashamed to mention it but i rounded a corner at 5 MPH and over shot it!) but still i would scrape down AI cars with the saleens rear end - the length of it much alike that of an articuated lorry! We finished up at around 2/3 of the way down the map on a motorway.

On paper the Enzo is clearly the underdog but in the real world it is by far superior. Also the Enzo was about $100,000 more expensive but very worth it. Both of ours cars were stage 3 tuned - I am not sure of the cost of tuning so cannot compare those prices.

For the best start in the S7, stick it in manual and put it in gear 3 before you start and you will pull away from anything and then jump straight upto gear 5 and when you meet a corner , use the breaks and handbrake whilst using your gears to slow you down further

For the best start in the S7, stick it in manual and put it in gear 3 before you start and you will pull away from anything and then jump straight upto gear 5 and when you meet a corner , use the breaks and handbrake whilst using your gears to slow you down further

Hi, thanks for the tip - i do use manual but only put it into second before pulling off .. will try that next time :D

I always laugh at the Saleen / Enzos comparisons ...

There's a Multiplayer race in the South East corner of the map that heads anti-clockwise along the coast road where it's a dual carriageway ... one day while bored I ventured back into Multiplayer races ... found a group of kids all in their Saleens ... I turned up in my Enzo ... they sped off from the start and started to insult me in my slow European (insert swear word here) ... at this point a) I realised they were American kids and b) I had a smirk on my face as I knew what was coming next along the road ...

and then we hit the bends ... ok they're not sharp bends on that stretch of road ... but theyre enought to unsettle a Saleen going full tilt ... and so they all slid into the dirt and I promptly drove through the middle of them keeping a steady pace laughing all the way to the finish line.

And the moral of the story is this ... a fast car in a straight line might not go round bends!

Oh also don't pay too much attention to the 'Stats' they don't tell you how the acceleration comes ... the XJ220 for one takes a while to get going ... but then picks up at higher speed ... and also you'll find some giant killers in there which the stats don't give ... just try a Skyline on the mountain roads!

Nice things u pointed out there :)I hate Saleens and I love the Enzos :) I'm more impressed that u actually managed to run an online session, somthing that i have never been able to do .( It always says something about online prefs and theres never anyone racing :(

Awww (sympathy) - If you ever manage to do an online session, dont drive a saleen (even as a joke!!) I have been shunted off the road many times by angry tdu motorists as they feel so strongly about the saleen! (I'm not saying I like it! Ive not been driving it! Ok Just a bit! But that doesnt mean i like it)

Next, We came to the dreaded corner and the Enzo swept around the near-hairpin corner but the saleen became a victim of what i call TDU road syndrome, which is where the roads has many vigorous bumps in close sucession and ends with your car skittering across the road. I was doing 30 MPH and it still did it!

By now the Enzo was boasting an embarrassing lead, But i tried to keep the S7 on the road over and over (I am ashamed to mention it but i rounded a corner at 5 MPH and over shot it!) but still i would scrape down AI cars with the saleens rear end - the length of it much alike that of an articuated lorry! We finished up at around 2/3 of the way down the map on a motorway.

I had this very same problem with the Zonda. It was my favourite car, then Top Gear filming came along and now i hate it :(.