We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools [1.16.3]

Djey

lol,

hacking does not come from a toolbox, it's experience and motivation. Sadly there were more energy involved in TDU cracking/cheating than to enhance this awesome game. As usual.

All I could discover about 2DB, MAP and so on, are the result of long hours looking at files with a hex editor :eek:

Thats not right. My wheel mods are worked with changes in the TDU_Rims file. So these files are not only for language contents.

In the TDU_CarPacks.ge file we have this item : {nismo_350} 54357653. And why we have 2 rim files? One with the standard wheels, the second one is empty. And we found out that wheelshops were projected. So maybee the second file can be use for it.....

Some data may be other than language contents you're right, but contents are not self explanatory... what does a CarPack mean for example ? Looks like many pieces are just unfinished things... like the "Pink Whale's Car Wash" :)

i extractible all in TDU modding tools to the C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited/mod programs , after open tdu modding tools in mod programs and open file-setting and click on C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Mod Programs\xml and ok.... after click on file browser and write me TDU main folder not properly. please chesck your setting.. sorry for my bad english

If you have installed the magic bnk1.map file and replaced the original one, you are good to go in game. Nothing more to do ;)

Btw Djey. I tried the new Modding Tools 1.6. I love the layout :D But when i tried to make plates and converted from .dds to .2db and tried to get them in the game (using the BNK Editor) I got a message saying the new file was 4 bytes bigger than the original :oook: I ticked the "keep original file size" box, but when I tried to go in game, it would just go back to the desktop, no error message or anything. I went back to 1.4 I think, and that works for me. :oook:

when i tried to make plates and converted from .dds to .2db and tried to get them in the game (using the BNK Editor) I got a message saying the new file was 4 bytes bigger than the original :oook: I ticked the "keep original file size" box, but when I tried to go in game, it would just go back to the desktop, no error message or anything. I went back to 1.4 I think, and that works for me. :oook:
Ok, please send me your DDS, 2DB making game to crash and your original 2DB file. That's all :)

It seems to be a heavy converting bug in Modding Tools 1.6.0.

I'm working on a patch; so before it comes out I'd advise to use TDU Modding Tools 1.5 instead, if you encounter graphical corruption or game crashes.

Your 1.6 is fine to me.. :)

I've been having no issue's except for the problem that if i replace textures with larger ones the car doesn't show depending on cars...

Example:

The skyline accepts nearly all custom textures, then the C6 Z04 only accepts 2 custom textures before it doesn't show.

@andreaz1

Where is the original file that i need to replace?

Test Drive Unlimited/Euro/Bnk ;)

Ok, please send me your DDS, 2DB making game to crash and your original 2DB file. That's all :)

It seems to be a heavy converting bug in Modding Tools 1.6.0.

I'm working on a patch; so before it comes out I'd advise to use TDU Modding Tools 1.5 instead, if you encounter graphical corruption or game crashes.

I deleted the .2db that I made, I think I still have the dds though.

Done. Sorry I haven't found any real problem...

That is to say :

DDS size is 21992 bytes

original 2DB size is 21936 bytes

new 2DB size is:

- if Keep original file size checked : 21936 bytes - ok

- if Keep original file size UNchecked : 21960 bytes

Keep in mind that if you wanna UNchecked, you'll have to replace files with File Browser - Modify Size method. It's the only tool able to do that.

Could you try a thing ? Please use this modified 2DB plate for me.

Edit:

TDU Modding Tools fixed and released ! Now 1.6.1.