We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Djey : TDU Modding Tools [1.16.3]

Djey

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Please!

Can someone help me?

I'm back on playin' TDU1 and i want to install cars.

And i can't use the modding tools.

''It says unable to load requested vehicle data''

I don't understand why.

I have the game, the MagicMap, the patch 168a to 168b installed.

TDU Root: Shouldn't be the place where the game it's installed? Like D:/Games/TDU?

Isn't that the root folder?

Please someone give me an answer.

Many causes to this well-known issue :)

I hope you'll find answers in this document :

http://bit.ly/qniFQd

Thank you Djey.

The problem was the cameras.bin file. I had to replace it with the one from the modding tool folder.

Sorry for off but, i have also another problem. I tried The LaFerrari mod and the Hurracan mode, you know which ones cause they're the only one from here. And when i go to garage/shop they're invisible. If i wanna drive them the game crashes when it's loading for the free roam.

Any suggestions on this?

Thank you Djey.

The problem was the cameras.bin file. I had to replace it with the one from the modding tool folder.

Sorry for off but, i have also another problem. I tried The LaFerrari mod and the Hurracan mode, you know which ones cause they're the only one from here. And when i go to garage/shop they're invisible. If i wanna drive them the game crashes when it's loading for the free roam.

Any suggestions on this?

The LaFerrari and the Hurracan probably need you to activate the -bigbnk.

Edit: And this has nothing to do with Djey or Modding Tools.

!Important!

Remember that for use this mod you must write "bigbnks" at the end of the target of your shortcut property.

34glybs.png

Bigbnk is a feature that is only available if you run the Project Paradise mod. Which is in the link down here:

Test Drive Unlimited: Project Paradise [v0.03A PUBLIC BETA AVAILABLE!] | turboduck forum

Every mod that request that, will only run if you activate the bigbnk, which can be activated like the image above, on the original LaFerrari post.

Step by step:

Install an ORIGINAL copy of TDU.

Install Project Paradise

Remove the original desktop shortcut of the game.

Create a desktop shortcut of the new .exe that got installed with Project Paradise.

Right button click on it with the mouse.

Properties

In Destination, or Target, add the -bigbnks

Run the game.

If someone has a problem with (unable to load the vehicle requested date):

1. Clean install Test Drive Unlimited

1a. Install MegaCarPack

2. Install the patch 1.67d [found acting versions - Click ;)] - That's not my upload !

3.Install the patch 1.68b [without 1.67d did not want to install]

4.Magicmaps Click :)

5.TDU Modding Tools [1.16.2] Click !;)

6.Create new shortcut to TestDriveUnlimited.exe

jpg_wrqeqew.jpg

7.[Paste this file into the folder xml <root of TDU>] Click ;)

8.Set path to Root TDU Folder - in TDUMT (File -> Settings -> Main -> TDU Root)

9. O.o. Wow! It works. :nuts:

Thanks for your feedback and solution.

Btw, you should not need to install Magic Map after 1.68b, as 1.68b already patches TDU install with a Magic Map.

Indeed, some genuine Cameras.bin may not be the one expected and thus make TDUMT to crash.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there fellas.

I'm using your TDUMT 1.16 and it is one of the most useful tools available to mod TDU. I'm changing almost every car in the game, even made an excel book to keep track of everything, and it was my idea to rearrange the cars and dealers where they are sold.

I linked the 7 Aston Martin I have installed so far to the free spots in the Aston Martin dealer, but only the default 5 appear. DB4 Zagato and another one don't seem to be available to buy. Also, I can't edit the cars before buying anymore, like changing the rims or colour, in that dealer.

What can I do?

Hi

thanks for you interest in TDUMT :)

I linked the 7 Aston Martin I have installed so far to the free spots in the Aston Martin dealer, but only the default 5 appear. DB4 Zagato and another one don't seem to be available to buy.
This car shop originally contains 8 vehicles, but only 5 out of these 8 can be bought. I dunno if it can be changed in database (effect of Bitfield parameter ?) - anyway TDUMT can't and won't ever do that.

Also, I can't edit the cars before buying anymore, like changing the rims or colour, in that dealer.
As soon as one classic vehicle (as DB4) is located in a dealer, all other vehicles are sold like classic ones, so no custom rims or colours are available. As an advice, don't mix modern and classic cars in a same building.

This car shop originally contains 8 vehicles, but only 5 out of these 8 can be bought. I dunno if it can be changed in database (effect of Bitfield parameter ?) - anyway TDUMT can't and won't ever do that.

So all dealers can have at most 5 "boughtable" cars? Despite all the free spots in TDUMT?

As soon as one "classic vehicle" (as DB4) is located in a dealer, all other vehicles are sold like classic ones, so no custom rims or colours are available. As an advice, don't mix modern and classic cars in a same building.

Does a "classic vehicle" only include stock classics? I installed Saab 99 Turbo over Chrysler SRT6 Coupe, changed its performance settings and class to G, and swaped it to the Spyker dealership as well as the Koenigsegg cars (kinda like a danish/scandinavian dealer), adding up to a total of 6 cars. The Saab was on spot nr 6 and it wasn't available to buy, but the other cars could be bought and edited before bought. So perhaps only G class cars from the regular TDU affect this.

To avoid this problem, you have to set the rarity value as"1" in TDUPE. It's just under the pricing in Miscellaneous ;)

The DB9 is not modded yet, and its Rarity is 1. Yet it can't be given any other colours or rims before being bought

--- Post Updated ---

I've been testing the dealerships a bit and found that TDU gives preference to the native dealer cars. I've inserted the 3 Spykers plus the Saab in the Koenigesegg dealership, and it showed the two Koens + 3 Spykers. Saab was nr 6. So I swaped it to nr 1, both Koens to nr 5 and 6, and now the car missing was the last Spyker . Given that the original dealer cars are there, TDU will show those regardless their position, and then the 3 first cars of the dealer list (in this case).

Also, it seems like every dealership can show a maximum of 5 cars, perhaps apart the British Independents with the Nobel, TVR, etc, and the Ferrari/Maserati dealers. Is it possible to know this for sure? Any files with this kind of information?

--- Post Updated ---

I'm using TDUMT to increase the number of cars in each dealer and see their max. I'll then post a Oahu map with my findings. It will not be complete, but it will be something.

Meanwhile, I can tell you there are dealers with capacity for at least 8 cars, and at least 3 dealers that can have more than 5 cars.

• 1 month later...

Hey there guys! I'm new here, I registered now so I can ask TDU community. I'm trying really hard to edit/repack .bnk files of Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty, but it's not possible. This tool says it can operate .bnk, but probably only TDU ones as any other .bnk from other games (Alien:Isolation, NnT) won't work with this. I spent over 2 weeks on tweaking and trying to get the .bnks to work, but if I extract .bnk, add files and assemble it, it's silent ingame. That's why I need a tool that can replace it right in the .bnk. Can anyone help me? Thanks, and have a nice day guys!

Hi :) Welcome here !

I've never heard anything possible. I don't even know other games have the Bnk format. Normally, Modding Tools works only with TDU.

I don't really understand, Are you trying to play TDU with the files from other games or playing another game with files from TDU ? All that using TDU Modding Tools ?

Tons of games have .bnk, but as Speeder said, they're probably not really the same. New n Tasty is a "remake" of the original Abe's Oddysee. I want to replace the new sounds with the OLD classic sounds. Sadly, it is not possible to extract/assemble, because the IDs to everything change and it's silent in-game. So the only solution is injecting the file directly into bnk. But yeah, seems like I am lost again because TDU modding tools are really only meant for TDU, obviously. Thanks for the replies!

I found a bug with TDUMT/patches installer, when i update the carphysicsdata with this ref (2000000017), he didnt install, you can try.

2000000017|2000000017 735 59938407 59538427 74900264 1 300000 54368917 0000317 921831319 5457567 53338427 55338407 54638407 553629 603709 5992 575 7300 630 5500 7500 55356917 573531 5 2,41 2,31 1,52 1,12 0,88 0,68 0 0 2 5645936 355 335 5645936 53338427 0 2040 4430 1115 1610 1670 2650 972 757 1460 120 120 240 230 140 140 100 100 100 100 70 35 47 0 0,2924 0,5 45 30 60 1,02 0,5 0,8 4500 1 74739427 92262406 55533427 5566317 3,9 8,7 338 125 21,6 338 0 12,4 0 123 1000 100 80 80 75 80 100 101 -1 1 1010 1010 1 100 2066 111