We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tutorial : How to Make Your Own Textures [Major Update #2]

Iced_Bullet

Hi,

- Your first problem might be a file size issue. If you wanna use bigger textures, BNK will become bigger. So you have to bypass TDU file protection by using a magic map. You can transform your Bnk1.map file into a magic map one by using Tools menu in File Browser (TDU Modding Tools)

- The second is very likely a bad setting when saving your DDS file. You have to keep the same DXT format as the original file. TDU uses mainly DXT1 or DXT5 formats.

Good luck.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I tried to save dds in DXT1 and DXT5 formats but got almost the same resulst, texture corrupted, just in dxt 5 it looks litle diferent, but anyway can't be used:sulk:

And I had magic map aplyed, I wrote that I replaced one texture, and game works fine, but I can't replace more, I realy can't understand what the problem:sulk:

Back to McLaren_3Dcm problems :

- texture problem : solved. Please save your DDS as following format before converting it back to 2DB : A8R8G8B8

DDS file will be approx. 1.3megabytes. So you'll have to let "Keep original file size" UNchecked.

- BNK problem : I'm starting investigating

Edit : finished. Game crashes as following 2DB files are corrupted into your BNK : glass.DDS, glass_a.DDS.

I've tried to open them into ZM2, picture contents are not displayed.

As with texture problem above, you will have to save corresponding DDS files to another format then cleaning your BNK file, before going on.

Good luck :)

OK now it's converted normaly, but when I try to replace it in bnk and loading game it just quits to desctop, I checked all other 2db files and them seems ok, also I can't replace lgt_ron.2db game crashes to descktop too, no metter what's texture size.

Very strange that glass textures were corrupted, couse I didn't modifyed theese files at all:confused:

And what you mean by cleaning BNK file?

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

:oook: I'm confused,is there some colour table which works in TDU???

I'm trying to make a black rim with a red stripe around it and I just get kind of a light red shine instead, and If you look at it at a really steep angle it turns more red btw???:rolleyes:

I have no problem turning it black though,but something is wrong with colouring...and some rim's most outer part doesn't even take black colour!

So,does it depend on a rim what you can do with it or what?

And for example,I've looked at Mclaren's rims which have a bright red part, but in the file which we mod there is nothing actually painted red,WTF???

Does anyone have a clue what is going on with that,I'm sick of going through all the steps for trying every little change to see if it works!!!:crying:

btw.I'm using tdu modding tools/dxtbmp/photoshop cs4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OMG I'm stupid I found it thx ; )

I have a lil question :

I have changed the logo from A3 to S3 and now if I want to start TDU it get stuck :s

What can I have done wrong?

*Srry for bad English*

Now the game starts but i have this :s

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Plz help? : (

[mod edit:] Please do not quadruple post, use the edit button, thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...