We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tutorial : How to Make Your Own Textures [Major Update #2]

Iced_Bullet

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alpha Channel refers to the transparency. The more black the 'area', the more transparent it is. White = Opaque / Black = Trnasparent. This alhpa channel allows images to be modded such as the 'McDonald's' sign 'M' above and this is what it produces here:

I'm confused as for me it's always been the more white on the alpha channel, the more transparent . If you look at this screenshot, you can see the white bit would be over the logo so you would only see the bit around it if white was opaque?

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

bah

just damn damn damn im reading this tutorial 100000 times, i was tryng to make my windows darker and guess what,no can doit i do all what in tutorial,opening alpha not the left one on screen,make more brither not darker and when im in game,nothing changet,nothing with my 575 or rs4,just nothing:S :S :S i cant understand and i cant see the alpha screen like in ur picture,i see just on picture,not with shapes or contures

here is my screen:

ModMod Edit: Please do not post images exceeding the 800x600 new guideline limit posted [here]

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly:

Please do not post images exceeding the 800x600 new guideline limit posted [here]

---------------------------

Secondly:

Sorry it took a while to respond SLRRR:

2 methods:

First:

Colour balance it to a Beige colour: 'Adjustments' --> 'Colour Balance'. Save it.

Second:

Find a car in-game with an all beige. Use this method: http://forum.turboduck.net/showpost.php?p=50412&postcount=6 , but with TDU_interior, not TDU_car colors, with this chart for reference. http://forum.turboduck.net/showthread.php?t=3624.

{C_O_02} 60564643 is suppose to be beige (according to the chart).

• 1 month later...

I have some serious problems with textures:cry:

Whenever I try to replace any texture in bnk file no metter is it the same size of bigger than original and no metter do I replace it via modify size or maintain size when I lunch the game and press continue game just freeze:crying: :wtf:

I maneged to replace only 1 texture which was 128*128 with 512*512 but I can't replace any more textures:headbang:

And also I have some problems converting dds to 2db with some textures

Here is original dds file (normal map as you see:p)

308d68fc1da0.jpg

And here what I get when I convert it to 2db

(the same resulst for keep file size option disabled or enabled, and no metter what is texture size)

f3fb71c236e6.jpg

I tried to resize it to fit origunal file, but got the same result:headbang:

I realy need someones help in it couse I can't continueanything:(

PS: I used lates version of mod tools 1.6