We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The New Toy Thread!

Guest RB26DETT

Guest RB26DETT

Carrying this over from another forum.

Post here what the latest things you have bought. :D

I'll start off.

Toshiba Satellite Notebook (forgot the model but it's this one.)

1254d1196516823-toshiba-satellite-a135-s4527-pc-notebook-toshiba_satellite_a135.jpg

Intel T2250 Centrino Duo @ 1.73ghz

1024mb DDR2 667 RAM

120gb SATA HDD

Intel GMA 950 onboard GPU

Realtek HD Audio

15.4 Display Screen

Windows Vista Home Premium

a 16gb iPod Touch

ipod-touch1.jpg

and a pair of Adidas Superstar sneakers. (White/Gold)

26041a?wid=400&resmode=sharp&op_usm=1.1,0.5,0,0

yup. I'm sort of broke right now.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just bought the 32GB Ipod Touch.. It took a month to be delivered and had several dead pixels on the screen, and then took two weeks to get replace. It's working a treat now and am loving it.. I'm going to jail break it today and load up some cool apps.. I've also been ripping TDU video from youtube and converting them to watch on the bus on the way home from work.. I love my iTouch!!!

Guest RB26DETT
I've just bought the 32GB Ipod Touch.. It took a month to be delivered and had several dead pixels on the screen, and then took two weeks to get replace. It's working a treat now and am loving it.. I'm going to jail break it today and load up some cool apps.. I've also been ripping TDU video from youtube and converting them to watch on the bus on the way home from work.. I love my iTouch!!!

woooop! another iPod Touch user! (Borat voice) Hi-5!:D

I'm gonna jailbreak mine soon. I'll look up the different apps first. Gee, why did it take a month to get delivered? This is why I buy all my stuff on retail. LOL. ;)

You really should jailbreak it soon, i jail-broke my 32GB one awhile a go (running jail-broken 1.1.4 firmware) and it's so much more fun jail-broken, especially with NES emulator and TTR :D. You can also use it as a phone, i do it sometimes with VoIP.

On Saturday i bought some new Nike SB P-Rod 2 Zoom Airs and am loving 'em! :D

rtemagicc_nikesb_prod2_apr08_1.jpg

EDIT: Just something you should know before you jail-brake it: If your iTouch at any point in it's life suddenly stops working you will have to buy a new one, because it voids your warranty, i've already looked it up. And they don't repair it for natural causes (stupidly) such as fire or water damage, but the way they check for water damage is they look inside where the headphones plug into. If it has been broken by water damage, it changes colour in there, so if you damage yours by water just get some tissue or something and clean it out so it goes back to the original colour, they don't know it has been effected by water that way.

Also, after 90 days of the first switch on, iPod Touches sometimes brick (hardly ever, but it has happened more than once, but it probably won't happen). If you send it off to Apple to get it fixed if that happens and it is jail-broken, they will NOT repair it as it voids the warranty and you can't restore the original firmware before the 90 days are up so if it brakes they will repair it because they CAN see that non-Apple firmware has been installed on it in the past so again, they won't repair it.

fanatecporschewheel.jpg

Well, bought it 28th February, and still havn't got it (So I hope it counts xD) :D But have a mail saying they shipped it 2 weeks ago, and it will arrive this week :excited:Hoping it will arrive tomorrow, non buggy and all, they have changed 30 things on it, from the beta testers :eek: Thanks Iced :D

Well, bought it 28th February, and still havn't got it (So I hope it counts xD) :D But have a mail saying they shipped it 2 weeks ago, and it will arrive this week :excited:Hoping it will arrive tomorrow, non buggy and all, they have changed 30 things on it, from the beta testers :eek: Thanks Iced :D

Be careful the pedals don't conk out on you ;) The experience isn't really the same without them :mad:

*taps good ol' PS2 controller*

Dont worry though, it will have been the fact it was a beta testing machiene and they wont have built them properly, just so I go and buy one off them. Well guess what ... I aint :p

woooop! another iPod Touch user! (Borat voice) Hi-5!:D

I'm gonna jailbreak mine soon. I'll look up the different apps first. Gee, why did it take a month to get delivered? This is why I buy all my stuff on retail. LOL. ;)

It took a month to get delivered because I had ordered it from a distributer who failed to tell me that their entire order was going to large retailers and not the public so had to wait for a second shipment to make it to Australia.. The joys of living in a country with so few people and so far away from everything else.

also I jail-broke it last night and downloaded a bunch of games and most of them are pretty lame. There are some really cool apps but don't expect groundbraking games.. Some of the best games are the one that make use of the internal acceleromiter.. but now i'm starting to show my true geekness.. I'm outa here..

Haha its just really impressive. A weak one like this is pretty useless other than being really beautiful at night. Wait till i get a higher powered one i.e >125mW

Oh and no night shots. My camcorder's just not sensitive enough to pick up the beam. Sorry guys