We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Bye Bye Xbox........

Nodz86

Well as you can probably guess from the title my 360 has RRoD.

On Sunday the screen went wierd but was ok, then on monday it happened on GTA turned it off then on it had RRoD, so off and on it went and it was fine got GTA out the tray and left it. Then logged on last night to see who was on and the screen went turned it off then on a few times and it wouldn't boot and and then RRoD everytime I try now.

Now I dunno what to do here are my options:

1. Phone M$ and get it fixed.
  2. Buy an Elite or a Core (and put my HDD on it)
  3. Leave it as I was getting bored with it.

I'm still undecided atm. Also do I have to phone M$ or can I do it online?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will need your live ID (the email attached to your live account) and your console serial number (on the back under the wireless bridge). And your basic contact details, which I hope you know lol.

You can arrange with UPS to drop it to them and then they take it from there I think. I was given an option like that. Send it in for repair. Nothing to lose. It's free after all. You will need to find your own box for the 360 when you send it as they don't supply a "coffin" like they do in the States.

GTA IV claims another victim.

Well my 360 had a brief RROD last week but since then (touches wood !) it has been ok :D.

I would have brought another 360 on Friday but money is tight lately :cry: !!!!!!!

I'm just hoping mine survives (touches wood again !).

Hey I have a wii I can play with if my 360 dies anyway so its not all bad to have a few 'wii weeks (aka lose weight weeks !)' while my 360 is being repaired :).

Has long as you don't go over to the darkside (PS3) I want hold anything against you Nodz :p !!!

Hi Nodz ... sorry to hear the news ... I presume you got the 'general hardware failure' 3 lights like I had a while back

as to my suggestion ... phone them up ... spend a couple of weeks without an xbox ... get your machine back repaired or a replacement (mine was a replacement box) ... get back on live

simple ... doesn't cost you anything ... a little time perhaps but a lot less than buying a new 360 just for the hell of it

Guest It's Han!

Awww that's such a shame nodz, but remember it's only a games console. If only baldy's would get the RROD.

I'm suprised.

I've had my Xbox for 2 years now and nothing's gone wrong apart from 1 hard drive. I must of got one of the good ones..

When I get GTAIV I hope mine doesn't pack in *touch wood*

I've had mine for 1 and a half years and i want it to break because i get terrible lag in single player on games. I even wrapped it up in several towels and it burnt the towel (whilst playing TDU)and got 2 red lights, turned it of then straight back on a again and it worked. I then tried it again a few weeks later but after overheating i put it in the freezer for half an hour and it still worked

Awww that's such a shame nodz, but remember it's only a games console. If only baldy's would get the RROD.

Shar used to say that all the time.

Does anyone know the opening times of xbox phoneline as I'm at work most of the time.

Yea,

Hours of operation:

Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00

Saturday: 09:00-20:00

Sunday: 09:00-17:00

Keep hold of your console serial as well. Just in case some of your DLC plays up then you can rant at M$ and demand they carry the privileges from your old to new serial. They can do it, but prefer not to. Too much effort.

Hope you get a 360 back son Nodz.

To be honest I think i'd just go for the new purchase option of an Elite and then exchange my replacement for lots of new games. :) Money and Wife permitting of course.

@Mellors M$ can tell if you've done the towel trick and won't repair under warranty if it does break.