We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your photos

Guest RB26DETT

That looks amazing. Tbh, all of south Asia looks great and has a special feel to it when I see it on TV *cough*Top Gear specials*cough*. Would love to see in real life.

On another note, I'm scared. Look what someone bought that I found in the fridge.

iJlnsE9.jpg

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh great! I really liked Mumbai, it's a verry interesting place (Like anywhere in India, pretty much) where old traditions meet new times and where a cow walks in the middle of a big city. So, are you living there?

Some of mine...

15953811514_1b331920a3_b.jpgTaj Palace Hotel by Mauriciooo!, en Flickr

16179906899_59f69315ff_b.jpgLaundry... by Mauriciooo!, en Flickr

16462815491_2c970c3b41_b.jpgLaundry by Mauriciooo!, en Flickr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dunno if this is the best place to ask this, otherwise I'll make a new topic for it, but I have a problem with my camera. For the last few weeks I've been trying to take pictures of my car, and I'm seeing a very annoying pattern come back all the time: the camera (Samsung Galaxy 2 cam) focuses on just a very small portion of the car. Usually it seems to focus on the nearest corner of the car, so the more distant wheel already gets blurred. However, I've also already had one case where the more distant wheel was the sharpest one and the nearer bit of the car was blurred. And on the pictures I recently made for wheel tryouts, the car is seen from the side only, and the nose is blurry and the tail is sharp... :fp:

How can I fix this? Can some settings perhaps fix it? Or is this simply rubbish handling from my side? :(

214debf08eebe9dac2ff29fc3baaa7ea.jpg

It looks like the car isn't perfectly parallel to the camera and it would have to be shooting with a wide open aperture to cause the difference in focus from front to back, so either the light is really poor (which seem highly unlikely), or there is an issue with the camera. Although thinking about it, I doubt a phone camera, even one in a Galaxy is capable of reaching an f-stop low enough to cause focus issues like that, it may be an error in the sensor, or something up with the element(s) in the camera lens. I am no professional, these are just what I think it may be, as for a fix, you probably need to take it to someone to get it properly looked at.

^I second that, I still think it may be an issue with the lens or sensor, it has a max aperture of f/2.8 from what I have found, but even at that aperture, it's not a narrow enough dof to cause it to be sharp at one end of the car and out of focus at the other end when not perfectly parallel with the camera, taking a closer look it almost looks like there has been a blur gradient applied from the ride hand side of the image, really odd.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Excellent stuff in here since I've been gone! D:

E36

E36 yours? :cheeky:

--

Here's some of the stuff that's accumulated in my collection while I've been away:

28933381304_0d69bbf79b_c.jpg

Fredrik's NSX by Līga Šuksta, on Flickr

Fredrik as in Fredrik Sørlie. He's an ultra cool, laid back dude. Even gave me a ride around the Vålerbanen circuit in this! :nods:

26634332990_72d4b65524_c.jpg

Skjerven Racing Ferrari 512M by Līga Šuksta, on Flickr

26844314222_9981fe5fe8_c.jpg

Skjerven Racing Ferrari 512M by Līga Šuksta, on Flickr

29096864626_c1f394b3dc_c.jpg

Bath time by Līga Šuksta, on Flickr

26399220641_d9e51447dd_c.jpg

Beth's 8-series by Līga Šuksta, on Flickr