We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your photos

Guest RB26DETT

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get why anyone (dealer makes it more likely, but still) would be insured for someone like you. No offense to you (I'm sure you are a great driver), but insurance for 17yr olds is very high. That also is a pretty good tip for work... And if I could get work in one of the dealerships round here, well lets say they would need some extra large insurance. For example, our local Subaru dealership recently shut down. Replaced with a Bentley one.

I don't get why anyone (dealer makes it more likely, but still) would be insured for someone like you. No offense to you (I'm sure you are a great driver), but insurance for 17yr olds is very high. That also is a pretty good tip for work... And if I could get work in one of the dealerships round here, well lets say they would need some extra large insurance. For example, our local Subaru dealership recently shut down. Replaced with a Bentley one.

Because maybe they need apprentices to move cars into the bays for servicing?

Or to go get fuel?

Or to pickup/deliver a car?

Or to take a car on a road test to diagnose any problems with the car?

In a dealership of less than 5 mechanics/apprentices, and in total less than 10 staff, it is needed, trust me. Spend any amount of time in a garage environment and you'll see why.

[offtopic] Hey Adam, if u don't mind me asking, what do u do at work? [/offtopic]

No problem, ask me anything! :)

What do I do at work... Well, its a mix really. It's mostly general servicing work as we have quite a high numbers of cars in and out per day (around 8), you'll also find me doing work to suspension units, braking systems, electrical systems, major engine work such as rebuilds (It was one of the first things I was taught to do , not supposed to learn that until 3 years time!), a common job is rebuilding engines and gearboxes on Isuzu's (as to put it franky, they are made out of chocolate they are so poor). You'll also find me doing the odd spot of bodywork aswell, which is not as exciting but can have an interesting end result!

In my spare time I do home jobs, and also advice people for tuning to road-going Subarus or advice on Rallying setups.

Any more questions, feel free to ask! :)

No problem, ask me anything! :)

What do I do at work... Well, its a mix really. It's mostly general servicing work as we have quite a high numbers of cars in and out per day (around 8), you'll also find me doing work to suspension units, braking systems, electrical systems, major engine work such as rebuilds (It was one of the first things I was taught to do , not supposed to learn that until 3 years time!), a common job is rebuilding engines and gearboxes on Isuzu's (as to put it franky, they are made out of chocolate they are so poor). You'll also find me doing the odd spot of bodywork aswell, which is not as exciting but can have an interesting end result!

In my spare time I do home jobs, and also advice people for tuning to road-going Subarus or advice on Rallying setups.

Any more questions, feel free to ask! :)

One more question:

Can we see more pics of the car ? :D