We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

lazerus: Signs mod [Complete 30.05.2008]

lazerus

Mod tested offline. Not affiliated with Atari or Eden. I take no responsibility for damaged or corrupted game files. Be sure to backup all original files before replacing with those provided.

Sorry it took longer than expected, work got in the way :p A mix of brand names with the my own creations(and nods to friends). Unfortunately, there's a lot of repetition in game and what looks good on one end of the map, may look odd on another. For example downtown you'll have a perfect row of different stores, whereas in the suburbs you'll get a taco bell every 20 feet lol There's no way around this thanks to the initial design layout, but I hope you'll enjoy and think it looks pretty good despite the odd section.

Screens

[imgLINK]http://img25.imagevenue.com/loc874/th_36834_Sign00_122_874lo.jpg[/imgLINK][imgLINK]http://img145.imagevenue.com/loc897/th_36841_Sign01_122_897lo.jpg[/imgLINK][imgLINK]http://img188.imagevenue.com/loc565/th_36854_Sign02_122_565lo.jpg[/imgLINK][imgLINK]http://img245.imagevenue.com/loc473/th_36862_xtra_122_473lo.jpg[/imgLINK]

Signs Mod [DOWNLOAD] or [DOWNLOAD]

STEP 1:

Using .bnk editor, open 'CommonWorld.bnk' in 'C:\Program Files\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Level\Hawai

STEP 2:

Replace sf_signs.2DB with the file provided

STEP 3:

Save .bnk and play

Thanks Madmax :) They need a little cleaning up but hopefully I'll have a whole set soon

Lol nice speed, I just got fed up with seeing the same horrrrrrible signs everywhere. I figured if I'm going to be bombarded with advertisements, it may as well be realistically bombarded

hm i tried to edit the post title but doesn't seem to change in the actual forum, hopefully one of the mods can change it? hoping to see some feedback(good or bad) on my first project. cheers

btw anyone know where to find the house interior .bnks?

Thanks Devang_Gandhi and RH12234 appreciate it

Thanks alot Diablo, thank you guys for teaching me how to do it, hopefully come out with more over the next little while

Baltoman click the link, then enter the 3 letter code provided by megaupload, the link will be prepared

Mb I've been using imagevenue for years now without issues, it's possible that viruses were on third party links and holders like urlcash, but highly unlikely on imagevenue

• 4 months later...

thanks for ur help, but unfortunately, i did not save the common world files!!!:(

So what ive done is i have backuped every single file apart from commonworld.bnk and commonworlddiv2.bnk and then i am going to uninstall the game, then reinstall it with the new, healthy version of the common world files, and then to get my old profile back, im going to copy and paste all my backuped files into the game, delete the empty files,and i should have my old profile along with the new commonworld files!!

I hope this works, if you can help anymore that would be much appreciated

thanks so much

Before you blame my mod, look at the number of people who didn't have a problem with it, and look at the discalimer that warns you to back up your bnk files. No offence, but this is a very basic mod, a few simple file replacements, i don't think its fair to attack somethign thats been proven to work

;)im very sorry, i shouldnt really blame the mod - it was my fault COMPLETELY. I have managed to download TDU on another computer, and send over the healthy new commonworld.bnk files to my own computer. Its worked. Thanks for your help anyway.

If i want to try to redownload it, how do i do it without having the problem i had,

sorry again

no problem, and that probably came of harsher than i meant it to. well the first thing to do is backup :)

using djeys newer tools replacing the file is easier than when this was first released. while browsing the bnk, select the appropriate 2db file, click replace, maintain size and there you have it. i've found it works without having to replace the 2db in commonworld2 so test one first and if theyre all there don't bother with the second

somehow, ive managed to get the game working!!

but now ive got a new problem - sorry to off topic a bit, but it says 'a new version of TDU is available for download, you must carry out this update if you wish to play online, do you want to download it now?' and then if i select yes, it takes me to testdriveunlimited.com, and then i downloaded the patch, it worked, and it still said the update message when i came back on. See the thread 'Im in a pickle...' if you have any suggestions