We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Phones

iBilo

I just want to collect opinions on these two phones because these are the two I could get. I will be getting contract (Vodafone so myself and my parents can have free texts or calls or something.)

#1 Phone : Sony Ericsson W960i

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/SodaChris/sonyericssonw960i.jpg

The problem with this phone is that my Dad says he will take out the money from my solo card every month but he'll only go up to £30. This phone for the contract I want is £35 for 600 minutes and unlimited texts and if I want the contract for £30 I have to pay £70 for the phone which is silly. The reviews on this phone are quite good so I would want to have it.

On this phone I would like to know the problems with it if any of you guys know someone with the phone or you have it yourself.

#2 Phone: Samsung F490

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/SodaChris/samsungf490.jpg

I can get a contract for £30 with 600 minutes and unlimited texts with this phone, but the reviews don't look too good with the calling and the touch screen is a bit crap.

Again I would like to know the problems with it if any of you guys know someone with the phone or you have it yourself.

Cheers. :happyroll:

If I had the choice you have I'd go for the Sony.. Hey man.. why don't you get an iPhone??

dont you know how much and iPhone costs?

they cost something like £500 in the first year purely because of cost and contract.

you cant get it on pay as u go which is stupid =(

if it was on pay as u go, i would save up for it and stick my current sim card in :P

I've got the W960i infront of my now :cool:, its a great phone, the Nokia N95 (Nokia's equivalent) is better (Shars dads got one) but it is more complicated to use and you get about 10 different software programs for it where as on the W960i you get 2 or 3.

Other phone is the iPhone and theres a new one coming out (gen 3 with GPS, sat nav etc) and is only on O2 at stupid money. Never had a go on the Samsung.

Mini review (its early so it may not make sense). The W960 is a good phone, I had to £70 for it on my contract. Its got 8gb a good mp3 player a good 3.2mp camera. The thing you have to remember with this phone is that it does not work like a normal phone, the best way to describe it is a walkman phone aimed at the buisiness phone market and works more like the buisiness phones rather than a normal mobile (like the Sony Ericsson P series). Also there is little niggles with the software, it runs slow sometimes but iirc that will be fixed when theres a software update. The WLAN is great I jump on the net when ever i'm at home mates and it works fine and its FREE, ive had a few problems loading the forum lately but think i need to clear the cache. Also this phone is blessed with a flash for the camera which newer W series phones have been missing lately.

All in all I think its a good phone with loads of stuff on it and room for loads more but its not to everyones taste.

Go here they explain whats on it and theres a "try it out" bit where you can go through all the menu's and stuff.

Hope this helped anything else you need to know just asked.

Had a Sony Ericson K750i and yes thats old now but it was brilliant. Now useing a Samsung G600 and, well its not so brilliant. As a company and phone i'd go for the Sony as it should work well. Samsung look brilliant but really lack any substance. Never used either of these two phones.

I'm searching some phones too because my brand new LG Shine has been stolen few days after receiving it...

I dont really like Sony Ericsson, I prefer Samsung, and I was watching this F490, its desing is perfect, and, i like phones for their desing, because i dont use really any of the other things as music player, photos/video, web,...

Im using a Nokia 3310. I've had it for a month and I still havent managed to break it

I had two of them and they survived everything, apart from one which I hit with the coner of a cabinate and busted the screen, but apart from that they survived being thrown full pelt at walls metal beds, tarmac you name it it survived great phones.

Guest RB26DETT
go for the ericsson. my sister has a similar model, the w880i and it's fabulous!

woopps. disregard that. she has the w960i as well. it's a fabulous phone as she says. :)

ok, so how is this rubbish, its survived being thrown out a moving bus window, been thrown at a wall full pelt and even stamped on...how can that be rubbish?

Becuase they're slow and ugly and have crappy GUIs and look cheap and are made of plastic (Brushed Aluminium FTW!)

I had two of them and they survived everything, apart from one which I hit with the coner of a cabinate and busted the screen, but apart from that they survived being thrown full pelt at walls metal beds, tarmac you name it it survived great phones.

lol these thing really are great, used to play tennis with mine and new someone who ran over his with a very large tractor, smashed the case to piece's but new case and it worked fine.