We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Do you do much Trading?

UK HOTCARS

Do I ask too many questions?!?!!

Okay, Trading.... do you do it to any serious level or is it really just to transfer money between mates (buy a cheap car and sell it to your mate for 10million!)??

I thought it would be cool if it was got into properly, but what would affect the price? More miles (opposite of real world) seems to mean more money but what about custom paint jobs? Do they have any affect on prices? I think it would be good if there was an easier way to trade amongst friends (unless there is and I missed it).

Cheers

GC :)

I use trade occasionally. There was a period where it developed a tedious habit of taking my money and not giving me cars so that put me off. People pay for high milage as some form of bragging right "oh look at me I have more miles than you and am therefore more important to society" when the reality is it likely means you don't have enough to do.

I've not seen anyone pay for paint work but I expect it does happen. A lot of people use trade to buy reward cars they can't be bothered to unlock. Every now and again you will be lucky enough to find a bargain or intersept someones gift transaction and snag an Enzo for a grand but it rarely happens to me.

I used to Trade heavily ... don't so much now

as tWm says ... most trade happens on the 'Prize cars' (the ones with a price of ---,--- credits on the showrooms that you get for completing certain races or reaching certain goals) ... or cars that take a while to arrive in the showroom

the best advice for Trade, if you want to get into it, is to look at it over a few days and note the prices of things ... most vehicles end up having a 'price' that people will buy at ... oh and you'll always get people who put cars up for 8+ mil ... they hardly ever shift tho

Oh and can someone please start buying Mustang GT-Rs again ... I've still got a 'few' up for sale, all at reasonable prices !

• 1 month later...

i never buy from trade only sell - use it on a fresh profile to sell 1st car for 1k to get the 10points needed to rank up, after that once unlocked all roads, i then buy all the houses in the order i wish them to store my cars...

then because all the single player missions are done i sell every car i own except one of course then rebuy all the cars on the game so that they all fill up my houses in the order i want them in...

leaving my fav 10 used cars to last so they all in the one house that i just make sure i finish each gaming session by driving back to that house and saving the game, so it doesnt mess my ordering up...

if trade was more fair and didnt buy silly priced cars, it might have been a different story for me and i would under those circumstances probably use the trade function alot more often....

later

You can make alot of money by through trading if you know what to look for. As someone has already mentioned, most of the exclusive cars tend to level out at a price people are willing to pay, i.e. Shelby cobra concepts seem to hover around the $2.5m mark and the same with the ME 4-12 etc etc. People using the trade glitch do affect these prices for a while but they do seem to level out again after a while. Paint or mileage does not seem to affect price from my experience but what does affect price is the level of tune, stage 3's going for more than stage 0's, for obvious reasons. The trick to making money on trade is to look for cheap stage 3 cars and then sell them on. For example, an standard Enzo has a list price of $650,000. If you see a stage 3 Enzo for around that price, buy it and then sell it for $799,000, it's still cheaper than it would be to buy a standard Enzo and tune it to stage 3. Last time I got heavily into trade I made about $100m over a six week period, but it does help to be organised, as soon as you buy a car immediately put it up for sale otherwise it's extremely easy to forget what you've bought!

Any stage 3 car will sell but i've listed some of the most popular and fastest selling below:

Shelby Daytona

Aston DB4

Enzo

Saleen S7

CC8S

AC289

MC12 (it costs $450,000 to tune to stage 3 hence it's popularity)

F1

F1 GTR

Zonda

Sagaris

Also, although most can't be tuned to stage 3, any concept car will sell.

Hope this helps.