We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dodge to sell Viper Brand

Nodz86

I'm not a happy bunny after reading this especially as a "Tuner" could be buying it. Its one of Dodges most iconic vehicles of recent times and to sell it, well I can't work it out myself.

Dodge to begin negotiations to sell Viper brand shortly

Posted Sep 25th 2008 1:29PM by Jeremy Korzeniewski

Filed under: Tuners, Supercars, Chrysler, LLC., Dodge, Earnings/Financials

viperacrfd_40_opt.jpg

While most of us would be more than happy to own just one Viper, some lucky company will soon take the entire operation off the hands of Chrysler, LLC. We hear there are multiple interested parties, and according to Vice Chairman Tom Lasorda, Chrysler is looking to begin real negotiations within the next few weeks. It's hard to imagine a Viper coming from a manufacturer other than Dodge, but there has been talk that the iconic American sportscar could be gobbled up by a well-known tuning firm, or even a group of investors. Whatever happens, we just hope that the Viper -- as a car or as a brand -- continues showing its formidable fangs and doesn't end up a mere shed skin of its former self. You can check out our First Drive of the Viper ACR or our In the Autoblog Garage review of the Viper SRT-10 to see just what we think about Dodge's supercar.

From Autoblog

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should not do this! Viper vs. Vette battle is epic!

Not really, it's always the exact same. Chevrolet release a new Corvette - 2 weeks later, a new Viper comes out and owns it in every way. It always happens.

I'm not too happy about this either since i'm a HUGE Viper fan, but the only reason i'm calm is because the "well known tuning firm" that might buy it COULD be Hennessey...

What????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

hehe, what??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WTF? OMG THATS JUST WRONG.. THIS CANT BE HAPPENING, AAAAAAAAAAAH NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WTH is Dodge thinking? Did the Dodge company gone MAD??????? OMG I still dont belive what I just read... THIS IS RIDICULOUS, IM NOT GONNA LET THIS HAPPEN.

Why do they want to sell the Viper brand? I AM NOT, I REPEAT NOT GONNA ACCEPT CALLING THE VIPER A CHEVROLET VIPER OR AN ASTON MARTIN VIPER OR EVE WORSE... A NISMO VIPER... NEVAAAAAAAAAAA... This is the WORST thread ever, this is the worst news ever... I need some coke. Im still gonna call it Dodge Viper no matter what

Balto its not dodge doing the sale, its the owner of dodge, chrysler. Also The chrysler name is the only other manufacturer to bear the viper name.

It doesnt matter, the fact is that THEY'RE SELLING THE VIPER BRAND... why viper? WHY? Why couldent it be that stupid brand called SMART :mad::mad:

What exactly is being sold? the Viper name or the Viper body? I mean, over here, Dodge doesnt own the viper name, and hence the viper is called the SRT-10. Could we see a worldwide release of the Dodge SRT-10?

Also, quite perculiarly, the Dodge SRT-10 was listed in the car survey section bit at the back of Top gear magazine in June but gone in july? have they stopped selling it here?