We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to edit car physics (speed limiters, etc.)

RoyJ

Hi guys, please help out a nood here.

I'm pretty annoyed by the physics of the game: some things, like transmission gear ratios, and especially, the modelling of the electronic speed limiter, are poor.

I downloaded TDU modding tools, and opened up the TDU_CarPhysicsData.us, but every entry is just a bunch of numbers. How do I get any meaning out of these numbers?

Also, does anyone know if we can change things like tire grip, coefficient of drag, gear ratios, etc.?

Thanks for the help!

I think you will have to find out by yourself. Its just because if you change values of some cars, this could be cheating.

For example with the Mercedes SL or the Lexus. If you would have a higher speed, noone else could win a race against you, so you were a cheater.

So I think no one can / will help you

I'm not playing on-line beacause I have slow internet...

I'm intrested in this thread.. I know that there will be some dodgers and their will cheating but if you afraid of loosing race please give an answer by mail or something...

Please help people like me that are playing in offline mode and their are annoying by slow but powerful cars [like M-B SL (<700HP!!!), Lexus etc.]

Thanks for the reply guys. Just to clarify, I have ZERO intentions in on-line racing. I'm an engineer, so I have this natural tendency to simulate thing perfectly in the virtual world.

The biggest problem is, in a high-hp car with electronic speed limiter, the vehicle would accelerate hard up to the speed limiter, and then bang into the limiter. M5s, SL65s, etc., all behave this way in real life.

Where TDU messed up is that they treat a 155 mph speed limiter like a 155 aero limiter. So in the SL65, instead of accerating hard up to 154 mph and then suddenly stops like a rev-limiter kicked in, it just runs out of steam around 140 mph, and then crawls up to 155 mph.

This is really annoying, and not realistic at all. In real life, if you have any sort of tuning packages on these cars, it would remove the limiter all together.

Oh, if this is about on-line races (which again, I've never done), is it possible for someone here to permenantly disable my IP from on-line racing and then tell me how to edit the physics?

Again, I'm not even looking to make the cars go hyper fast, just realistic. Some of the things I'm looking for, such as making the Z06 gearing more realistic, would actually slow the car down, but that's okay, it's the way they are in real life.

It can be done in notepad. But I wont reveal it as it spoils online play.

I know what your talking about, and i can tell you thats not performance thats just the stats for 'Details' for in the game, everything in Database (DB_US.bnk etc) does not contain the performance. :cheeky:

I know what your talking about, and i can tell you thats not performance thats just the stats for 'Details' for in the game, everything in Database (DB_US.bnk etc) does not contain the performance. :cheeky:

So I'm guessing then the actual performance/setup data, such as drag coefficient, gear ratio, torque curve, is hard coded into the game?

Thanks for the reply guys. Just to clarify, I have ZERO intentions in on-line racing. I'm an engineer, so I have this natural tendency to simulate thing perfectly in the virtual world.

The biggest problem is, in a high-hp car with electronic speed limiter, the vehicle would accelerate hard up to the speed limiter, and then bang into the limiter. M5s, SL65s, etc., all behave this way in real life.

Where TDU messed up is that they treat a 155 mph speed limiter like a 155 aero limiter. So in the SL65, instead of accerating hard up to 154 mph and then suddenly stops like a rev-limiter kicked in, it just runs out of steam around 140 mph, and then crawls up to 155 mph.

This is really annoying, and not realistic at all. In real life, if you have any sort of tuning packages on these cars, it would remove the limiter all together.

funny thing is it is realistic my car has a speed limter to 135mph once it gets to 120 it starts to slow down

reason behind this is cuz the ecu is telling the engine brake censer to stop but hp\tq over rides this witch makes the car bog \slow down before the fuel cut can engage

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think loads of people want to know how to do this, me included. If you put it on here you risk ruining online mode, but, I don't think that will happen. Our modding community is more mature than that, so I say Iced shoud make a downloadable .txt file for members only with instructions on how to do it.

If people misuse the stats editing for their cars and play online in 300mph Miuras, what obligation do you have to race them?

• 1 month later...

you can put the body of a car (for example a audi a4 cabrio) copy them somewhere change theyr name to murc_cpe and murc_cpe_I and copy them back to the main file map (don't forget to backup anything before you replace) and then you should have a audi a4 cabrio that goes as fast as a murc